Wrong glasses prescription

Found 14th Jun 2012
Hi guys, so i recently got a signed copy of my prescription from my opticians (ASDA) and ordered a pair of glasses online from selectspecs. the glasses arrived today and i immediately noticed that the lenses were incorrect. i did a bit of research online and it seems that the optician put a + sign on my prescription instead of a -. I am shortsighted. Has anyone had the same experience ? or does anyone know what action i should take and if ASDA are liable to give me a refund.
Community Updates
MiscGlasses
15 Comments
I might be wrong but unless the opticians is actually within the Asda supermarket I think they will be a sort of franchise operation.
If that is the case you will need to complain to the optician direct, not Asda as you might be able to if they were instore
WoolyM

I might be wrong but unless the opticians is actually within the Asda … I might be wrong but unless the opticians is actually within the Asda supermarket I think they will be a sort of franchise operation. If that is the case you will need to complain to the optician direct, not Asda as you might be able to if they were instore

I'm not to sure what you mean, the opticians is instore and and is represented by asda opticians. I'll probably go in tomorrow to complain, but i'm not sure if ill benefit from it
Edited by: "Spiritual_Pigeon" 14th Jun 2012
I can barely see beyond the end of my nose and my scrip is + on everything.
This happened to my partner at asda and they retested his eyes and sorted him out with new glasses no problem.

i did a bit of research online and it seems that the optician put a + … i did a bit of research online and it seems that the optician put a + sign on my prescription instead of a -.

What is this research? Take your scrip and glasses to any optician and they'll be able to check them on their machine.
Spiritual_Pigeon

I'm not to sure what you mean, the opticians is instore and and is … I'm not to sure what you mean, the opticians is instore and and is represented by asda opticians. I'll probably go in tomorrow to complain, but i'm not sure if ill benefit from it

Theres an Asda near me where the opticians is not actually in the store, but in an adjoining concourse. I think I remember them saying that they operated as a franchise, even though the sign said Asda opticians.
pink-ka

This happened to my partner at asda and they retested his eyes and sorted … This happened to my partner at asda and they retested his eyes and sorted him out with new glasses no problem.

Did your partner buy their glasses from another retailer or directly from asda ?
Shengis

What is this research? Take your scrip and glasses to any optician and … What is this research? Take your scrip and glasses to any optician and they'll be able to check them on their machine.

i found out that is the sph is positive this means you are longsighted. i have had glasses before and know i am shortsighted. yeah im gonna take them into asda tomorrow.
WoolyM

Theres an Asda near me where the opticians is not actually in the store, … Theres an Asda near me where the opticians is not actually in the store, but in an adjoining concourse. I think I remember them saying that they operated as a franchise, even though the sign said Asda opticians.

That does sound similar to my local store. guess i'll find out tomorrow. thanks for the response
Edited by: "Spiritual_Pigeon" 14th Jun 2012
Spiritual_Pigeon

i found out that is the sph is positive this means you are longsighted. i … i found out that is the sph is positive this means you are longsighted. i have had glasses before and know i am shortsighted. yeah im gonna take them into asda tomorrow.

Yeah you're right mine is -. Doh lol.

Well if they wrote the scrip wrong they're 100% responsible for any costs. If they try to disagree tell them you'll be reporting them for potentially damaging your eyes even more than they are. Malpractice is such a dirty word pmsl.
They should replace the lens at least or cover the costs of you having to pay out for a new pair. If complaining in-store ask for customer services details and explain hat you will take it higher as its not YOUR fault that they have given you a wrong prescription. Take the glasses in too.
Should have gone to specsavers......

/thread.
transit

Should have gone to specsavers....../thread.

Mofo's blind not daft.

/thread
Shengis

Yeah you're right mine is -. Doh lol.Well if they wrote the scrip wrong … Yeah you're right mine is -. Doh lol.Well if they wrote the scrip wrong they're 100% responsible for any costs. If they try to disagree tell them you'll be reporting them for potentially damaging your eyes even more than they are. Malpractice is such a dirty word pmsl.

Sounds like you've had a lot of experience with bad customer service. and thanks for the advice ill be sure to mention it
dmtuk

They should replace the lens at least or cover the costs of you having to … They should replace the lens at least or cover the costs of you having to pay out for a new pair. If complaining in-store ask for customer services details and explain hat you will take it higher as its not YOUR fault that they have given you a wrong prescription. Take the glasses in too.

i hope they do, i've been waiting for 3 weeks for these glasses to arrive only to find out they make my eyesight worse. thanks for the advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions