Wrong house number on P60

Found 12th May 2015
On my sons P60 the house number is wrong. He is owed tax but was wondering whether the wrong P60 house number will make a difference in him receiving that money? (IE Will the check be sent to that house?)
He's received letters from HMRC and since his employer has changed the number on the system. (He's 16 years old)
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Would the inland revenue not just change his tax code to pay back the tax owed rather than send a cheque? Probably might as well just phone them and ask.
Edited by: "cdm22" 12th May 2015
cdm22

Would the inland revenue not just change his tax code to pay back the tax … Would the inland revenue not just change his tax code to pay back the tax owed rather than send a cheque? Probably might as well just phone them and ask.

I think that is only if overpaid during current tax year
Maybe knock on the house number hmrc have and just ask them to look out for it as you've only just noticed and are trying to sort out?
Any information on a P60 is added by an employer and not HMRC. If your son has had a letter from HMRC with the correct address on it then there should be no problems.

RE cdm22's comment, if tax is due from a P60 this will never be done via the tax code as it will be for a different tax year, quine is quite correct.
quine

I think that is only if overpaid during current tax year

Ah, right you are
I think you should also tell your Son to correct his address with his HR Dept.
Update the HR department with the new address, contact HMRC for a refund if they havent already done a P800 calc then get the refund. If you are getting letters from HMRC that will be the address they have on file not the one on the P60
Thanks everyone for your help! Really appreciate it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants