Wrote a book, (relatively) cheap way to promote it?

Posted 21st Nov
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for promoting/pushing a book? I've never really been a huge book person so it's really not an area I know much about.

The book in question is self-published and never going to be troubling the top sellers list, I've sold a few hundred since Spring this year and was just hoping to push a few more over the holidays. So I've not got hundreds of quid to spare for advertising, that'd be my entire profit margin!

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or something I've not thought of for free or relatively cheap promotion of a book?

- Available on Amazon and other digital stores for the ebook
- Has a simple website with more info
- Post on twitter, Facebook, fan groups occasionally

I want to avoid any negative spammy type things, just organic ways to push it a little.

I've looked at Twitter promoted posts and Amazon sponsored listings but I'm unsure how successful they would be for the cost?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Just a shot in the dark, but could you give a copy for review to any bloggers whose target audience and yours match.
What is the subject of your book?
It's a bit hard to come up with relative channels without knowing whether it's gardening or a love story.
Possibly promote on Facebook, insta or YouTube?
AMaky21/11/2019 15:59

What is the subject of your book?It's a bit hard to come up with relative …What is the subject of your book?It's a bit hard to come up with relative channels without knowing whether it's gardening or a love story.

Or both... a person's love of gardening? (sorry, not really adding to the discussion)
I used to have a dog called Beenie and she was weenie.
True story.
AMaky21/11/2019 15:59

What is the subject of your book?It's a bit hard to come up with relative …What is the subject of your book?It's a bit hard to come up with relative channels without knowing whether it's gardening or a love story.

Good point. I didn't want this post to appear as promotion so didn't mention any details but it's non-fiction about a music recording artist. But it's not your typical bio, bit more niche.
Weenie.Beenie21/11/2019 16:48

Good point. I didn't want this post to appear as promotion so didn't …Good point. I didn't want this post to appear as promotion so didn't mention any details but it's non-fiction about a music recording artist. But it's not your typical bio, bit more niche.

ok. think about who would buy your book?
and then think where these people find information? local shops, online, which groups etc.
and as others suggested, see if bloggers will promote.
I offer positive Amazon reviews at affordable prices
chimp14uk21/11/2019 16:40

I used to have a dog called Beenie and she was weenie.True story.

I had a weenie that looked like a beenie!

Not a true story.
You could submit yourself as a author on the Good Reads website and then ask people who have read your book to leave a review to help promote it

goodreads.com/aut…ram
I have a weenie that looks like a genie.
I wish I hadn't, 3 times.
If it's available as an eBook, I'd put a fiver on the fact that it's already available as a torrent to download for free.
jimmy_the_fridge21/11/2019 19:44

I have a weenie that looks like a genie.I wish I hadn't, 3 times.

Did you rub it just 3 times for a result - wow
Usually takes me 15 minutes min
I feel for ya dude i surely do!
Edited by: "omendata" 21st Nov
get on fivver and pay some one to promote it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions