Groups
    EXPIRED

WTD Any pet owners who can recommend a good vacuum?

We have a really old Dyson DC01 which was bought refurbished anyway and has never been all that good. We have two cats, and my OH suffers with asthma. We've both been really sneezy recently and figured it's most likely because the cats are shedding and our hoover is plain rubbish!
    Think it's time to invest in a new one but have no idea where to start!
    Hoping that someone here has pets themselves and can recommend a good one for sucking up all those pesky hairs.
    Don't really want to spend more than £150
    Have no preference for make, model or type - just as long as it does the job!
    Any ideas?

14 Comments

DC07 Animal. That what we use, and it's the mutts nuts.

Original Poster

Ooh looks good.. quite pricy tho Will keep it in mind tho - maybe somewhere is doing a deal on it

kyalion;5918636

DC07 Animal. That what we use, and it's the mutts nuts.

Ditto !! :thumbsup:

My friend has this one and says its the best one shes had and her dogs always moulting
    sebovacuumcleaner.co.uk/dom…asp

sorry just realised you said under £150 you might get it cheaper somewhere else

miele cat and dog, best vacuum we have ever had, after going through hoovers and dyson's, this is the only vacuum thats any good, quality product, cheaper than dyson, ours is about 5 years old, when you change the bag it feels like a brand new hoover and lifts the carpet, so good brother has one, mom has one, and mother in law, we have 2 cats and a dog and copes brilliantley witth all there hair:thumbsup:

waycash;5918759

miele cat and dog, best vacuum we have ever had, after going through … miele cat and dog, best vacuum we have ever had, after going through hoovers and dyson's, this is the only vacuum thats any good, quality product, cheaper than dyson, ours is about 5 years old, when you change the bag it feels like a brand new hoover and lifts the carpet, so good brother has one, mom has one, and mother in law, we have 2 cats and a dog and copes brilliantley witth all there hair:thumbsup:

100% agree a great Vaccum and worth the money had mine for 4 years :thumbsup:

very.co.uk/rf/…jpg

Do NOT get this one. If we'd had the money we'd have gone for the miele or dyson.

Original Poster

good to know.. thanks.

Original Poster

For the Miele one - Does it matter if it's the upright one or not?

What's the best price delivered then for the miele cat and dog ??? (upright)

Original Poster

rangermastiffs;5921090

What's the best price delivered then for the miele cat and dog ??? … What's the best price delivered then for the miele cat and dog ??? (upright)

The upright one seems more expensive - between 270 - 300.
    That's why I was wondering if the other one was just as good.

thelioncub;5921431

The upright one seems more expensive - between 270 - 300.That's why I was … The upright one seems more expensive - between 270 - 300.That's why I was wondering if the other one was just as good.

Best price I can find upright is £266 delivered.

I have 4 cats, 1 dog and 3 kids at the moment...a SEBO upright is the best I've ever used (been a cleaner too so have used various vacuum cleaners). Brilliant machines, very easy to service youself too.

im using a upright vax and our dogs if losing fur like nobodies business at the mo and its fantastic
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DPD international?33
      2. Does anybody have a spare now tv entertainment pass please?59
      3. Back to European satellite tv43
      4. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???22

See more discussions