Groups
    EXPIRED

WTD; Best xp laptop to go for.

Ok having just bought a dell vostro 1500 that was a hotdeal on here a while back i've just sent it back having given up using vista(what a pile of crap that os is)
    Now that deal worked out at 327 quid.
    Ideally i would like that laptop with xp installed but are there any better or just as good deals about?
    It was 1.4 core2dou
    120 HD
    9 cell battery

Maybe a little flexible on price let me know your deals peeps.

Cheers

doggboy10

3 Comments

I phoned Dell today as I'm interested in a 17" Vostro....
    (Posted on HDUK here) -
    hotukdeals.com/ite…gb/

I was told they could supply it with XP Pro instead of Vista® Home Premium at an extra charge of £30 + VAT.
    Although it's a shock to pay extra for an 'old' operating system at least it was available on this package. When I've asked Dell on other packages they've said no.

Keep smiling, Wilf.

The vostro is available (same price, same place) with xp pro. The price lapses after 20th Feb as the £50 reduction special offer ends.

I don't think the deal I saw was for a 9 cell battery though. But it did include the 128mb graphics card.

This is a nice laptop thats lighter/less bulky than the dell and can be downgraded to XP:

hotukdeals.com/ite…du/

Says expired but it does come back into stock every now and then. But i wouldnt recommend the XP conversion unless you are quite good with computers.

but i agree, vista is...a failure
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1319
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014477
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047086
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767190

See more discussions