Groups
    EXPIRED

WTD hight spec top end bicycle

Hi im after a high spec top end Racing bike (19inch frame) or Mountain bike (22 inch frame) got a budget of £500 to £600 new or second hand any good deals want a good saving on list price or if anyone selling one? im 5.9 been told that the sizes i should buy

spitroast

8 Comments

Original Poster

Anygood deals sites

spitroast

If I were spending that much on a bike I would definitely go to a decent bike shop and look at a few first as a lot of it comes down to personal preference. You can then always bargaon hunt on the internet once you know what make and model you like. I have a Specialized Global Sport which I got for about £300. Cross between a MTB and racer; ideal for roads and the odd bit of canal path etc.

Size guide here evanscycles.com/help/ Evans are decent enough site.

A 22" framed MTB is way too big dude, you'd suit a 19"

I'm 6ft 1" and ride a 21"

Am a bit perplexed, you want a top spec road OR mountain bike?

I'd start with what you want it for and go from there. Top spec anything is fairly specific (IE mountain bikes will subdivide into downhill bikes, cross country etc.). Stewby's advice is also good, but again until you know the job you want to do, how do you begin to pick a tool to do it?

Original Poster

Im after a Hardtale or a full suppesnsion or a race very nice jejamescycles.co.uk/kon…tml but not my size

spitroast

Original Poster

teambintip;5358218

A 22" framed MTB is way too big dude, you'd suit a 19"I'm 6ft 1" and ride … A 22" framed MTB is way too big dude, you'd suit a 19"I'm 6ft 1" and ride a 21"

I said 19 for mountain and 22 for a racer im 5.10 EDIT mate i got them mixed up lol

spitroast

Original Poster

Anyone please

spitroast
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044563
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410

See more discussions