Groups
    EXPIRED

wtd-new pc

Ok need to sort my pc out,slowly things are packing in on it yesturday it was the graphics card.So anyone no the best and cheapest way around this,very rare i play games on the pc use mostly for downloads,burning and internet use.Will i be better off buying a base unit direct or build my own pc.Now i'm not clued up on pc's tbh so if it's best to buy parts myself can you give me some idea of the ideal parts i would need.I guess i need to go the duel processer route now which i guess will need new board,memory and hard drives.I'm currently on a barton 2500 amd so would like to stick to amds

11 Comments

I would reccommend u buy a barebones system sounds like its your first time building a pc so pick an Amd one some ram a gfx card around the £25 mark make sure its pcie and a cpu, then move your old hard drive and burner over its pretty straight forward and a barebones system like asus come with good instructions. Last build i did was a dual core system it came to under £150

Original Poster

jack_burt0n;3019768

I would reccommend u buy a barebones system sounds like its your first … I would reccommend u buy a barebones system sounds like its your first time building a pc so pick an Amd one some ram a gfx card around the £25 mark make sure its pcie and a cpu, then move your old hard drive and burner over its pretty straight forward and a barebones system like asus come with good instructions. Last build i did was a dual core system it came to under £150

I've just been looking at this pc aria.co.uk/Sys…041

£180 for this one any idea if this is any good

Original Poster

cuzzy;3019828

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/212053/dell-quad-core-tesco-for-299/ This … http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/212053/dell-quad-core-tesco-for-299/ This any use?

thanks will have a scan at at one

yeah the one from aria is ok it wont really run games but will do everything else you need it to do, if u dont fancy doing any building it is a good solution. And you can always add stuff later.

The aria one doesn't come with an operating system so once you've added £60-70 for that the much faster dell quad-core isn't that much more expensive.

Unless you want anything in particular then it's cheaper to buy a prebuilt PC

Scan are pretty helpful with first time builders...plenty of stuff to choose from and a very helpful HR team.

Original Poster

thanks for the replys,i may email scan and ask them if they could advise me on what i'd need eg-board,memory ect need to make sure i order the right things

I always found scan's prebuilt PCs to be a little on the expensive side, although I have never looked at the cheaper ones so they may be an exception.

Dell website
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Outdoor security camera.11
      2. 4K tv with HDR good deal?22
      3. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50011
      4. Cheap northface alternatives?33

See more discussions