WTD: Stand-alone CCTV camera

Found 2nd Jan
Hi,

im after a stand-alone cctv camera that can sit in a window and record on motion detection outside. This is for my mum to record her car when it’s parked outside her house, as it’s suffered criminal damage recently.

just needs to be basic, ideally 720 or 1080, and t record standalone onto an SD Card?

As cheap as possible, happy to guy off gearbest etc to save money.

many thanks

Dan
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
graigddu129 m ago

Be careful with this as under a data protection act change in I think 2014 …Be careful with this as under a data protection act change in I think 2014 you should only cover your own property as in house and land,This site would give you more info, gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property, A neighbour was asked to move their camera as it covered another's garden, even had a police visit in the end,

Just make sure your own cctv doesn’t incriminate you after a neighbour knocks and tells you to take them down.
You can film what you want in public.
CCTV through glass can be difficult getting a good picture because of glare, I would suggest that you get a reasonable quality dash cam which are made for recording through glass screens. I have one doing just that and I have it plugged into a USB socket which is part of a normal mains plug. The picture is 1080p and good quality, cost me £70 and I suggest is far better than a cctv could be for the same money, I also have a 64gb card in it for long recording.
Does it have motion detection? How much would 64gb of footage store? Easy to review the footage
Look for a Cleverdog, it’s very simple and CAN be viewed over a phone, but records to a micro SSD card
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions