WTD - USB, Switch Double Socket, Brushed Steel

Found 1st May
Can anyone recommend some good USB Sockets for the new Kitchen.

I don't know the differences between the brands

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
How many amps per usb port ?
Hi I'm not sure, it seems 3Amp seem to be the latest spec, so will go with that, or greater to future proof.

there seem ok, if only the inserts were grey to match
kester764 h, 4 m ago

How many amps per usb port ?

stuartw56 m ago

Hi I'm not sure, it seems 3Amp seem to be the latest spec, so will go with …Hi I'm not sure, it seems 3Amp seem to be the latest spec, so will go with that, or greater to future proof.

USB doesn't work that way. It's not just a pure power connection but juggles power and data. This means it can't just make more power available. Instead the device and power supply have to communicate first and trade information about capabilities and newer standards use different type of signalling.

The latest one from the USB standards body is called USB Power Delivery. This allows power draw up to 20V@5A but as it supports multiple voltages the standard calls for stuff to be just rated in watts for simplicity. So the maximum is 100W and everything is required to support all the relevant voltages up to the wattage it delivers.

Further complicating the situation is the fact that manufacturers such as Apple and Qualcomm have their own signalling methods. If a device that only support Qualcomm QuickCharge wants to draw 20W but the power supply only support USB Power Delivery at 20W it'll fall back on the original USB spec of 2.5W.

Fortunately we do seem to be converging on USB-Power Delivery as the standard. Apple now uses it for their higher power devices and Qualcomm have made support for it a requirement for QuickCharge 4+ (up to 27W) alongside their own methods.
Here is review of 2-gang usb from BG:
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants