WTF - Ebay

I've just listed a dvd boxset on ebay, first thing I've sold for a while

Anyway, do my usual listing and starting price etc. Went to submit the listing and it was prevented due to the a Ebay saying that the usual postage costs for this type of item are £0.00. A boxset isnt free to post!

Ended up having to include the postage costs into the listing price rather than as a separate cost as I used to. Why are Ebay messing around so much with their settings? Really annoying

rant over

12 Comments

Why not sell it on here?

It's a prompt to remind you that if you offer free P&P, you get 25% off your Final Value Fee.

i thought it was madatory to list dvds as free postage now? unless it hasnt come into force yet

ebay now state that there is no postage involved in dvd boxsets or games

this enables ebay to charge more fees ....

yes, it's clearly a clever way of getting more fees, also some collector's video game the max postage cost is £3.00 even on very heavy items

for instance if you sell a cheap item like a dvd £2.20 with free p+p ebay fees are 17p and you get 4p back, so ebay charges 13p

if you sell it for £1.00 and ask for £1.20 p+p, you guessed it, ebay charges only 8p total fees

its just another way for them to make money while alienating their loyal customers, it wont be long before ebay will regret their silly decisions of late, it will only push people away from using them, end of day without sellers they are nothing, sooner they realise that the better it will be for all, think the money side as gone to their head lol

Ebay realised that free p+p for Dvd's is the market rate.

faevilangel;4444459

ebay now state that there is no postage involved in dvd boxsets or … ebay now state that there is no postage involved in dvd boxsets or gamesthis enables ebay to charge more fees ....

not true on the games front. I was able to charge my usual price on a few xbox games at the start of the week but you are limited to £3 for games and £5 for accessories unless they are of a large size and need a courier etc. apparently they will be checking if you go above the £5 limit.

I sold a book boxset on thier recently and was only allowed to charge £2.75 postage!!! It cost me £4.20 to post 2nd class! Ebay is becoming shocking! and I am really put off selling thier just now :x

if they had compition do u think they would be insisting on all these changes, of course they wouldnt lol they hold the monopoly over everything auction site wise

im hating ebay ,,, we havnet sold for a while ,, and just sold a walkie talkie thing ,,,, anyway we check our paypal ,, and guess what ,,.... they are holding the money until the guy leaves POSITIVE feedback ,,, the guy has received hes item ,, and we have mailed him and 5 days later still no feedback ,, and still no cleared money in our paypal ,, we now have to wait 21 days until they will release it if the guy doesnt leave feedback ,,, I HATE EBAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikkit72;4445396

im hating ebay ,,, we havnet sold for a while ,, and just sold a walkie … im hating ebay ,,, we havnet sold for a while ,, and just sold a walkie talkie thing ,,,, anyway we check our paypal ,, and guess what ,,.... they are holding the money until the guy leaves POSITIVE feedback ,,, the guy has received hes item ,, and we have mailed him and 5 days later still no feedback ,, and still no cleared money in our paypal ,, we now have to wait 21 days until they will release it if the guy doesnt leave feedback ,,, I HATE EBAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

afaik, paypal occasionaly require buyers to verify their account, which normally takes around 2-3 weeks, it's a pain, they ask you not to send item during that time, as the money is not guaranteed altho i may have the wrong issue, i have had this several times
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
    2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
    3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
    4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions