WTF EBAY!?! Why so controlling?

Found 18th Jul
So I purchased an item on ebay and what I received was not to a quality as the listing described. Nor did it reflect what I'd expect at the price I bought it at and what else was available.

I decided to leave neutral feedback and eBay are refusing to let me do this, also note the only possibly negative word I used in my limited character feedback was 'cheap' :
2989357.jpg
How is this helping future buyers or window shoppers to make the best decision if only positive reviews are allowed to be left?

Also, I wish I had this kind of support when I was regularly selling on the site. Instead I had to battle with Ebay CS for weeks just to understand how their seller ratings worked and to amend a misrepresented review.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Buyers can leave pos, neut and Negative feedback unless this is a new thing
When did you buy it? You cannot leave neutral or negative feedback for a power seller until 7 days have passed.
It's been about two weeks or so, I tried a day after i got the item but ebay refused as it was within the 7 days as mentioned above.
Edited by: "hassansf" 18th Jul
Was this a review of the item you were trying to leave or feedback on the seller?
All internet based things are getting restrictive.. you won't be able to say any negative comment in the future as it will be offensive to someone. You Tube is getting that way. If it's deemed as offensive to someone, videos are automatically removed by the algorithm. Even conspiracy videos could be seen as hate crime in the future.
Edited by: "Decoded" 18th Jul
It could be that one of the words contains a word it doesn’t like. Eg “Scunthorpe”.
Decoded20 h, 18 m ago

All internet based things are getting restrictive.. you won't be able to …All internet based things are getting restrictive.. you won't be able to say any negative comment in the future as it will be offensive to someone. You Tube is getting that way. If it's deemed as offensive to someone, videos are automatically removed by the algorithm. Even conspiracy videos could be seen as hate crime in the future.

a snowflake speaks
choccie3221 h, 15 m ago

It could be that one of the words contains a word it doesn’t like. Eg “ …It could be that one of the words contains a word it doesn’t like. Eg “Scunthorpe”.

My review literally read as follows:
Looks and feels a bit cheap for the price that they were listed at.

I mean, what's the point in having a feedback system if it gets moderated like this?
I wish I had this kind of protection when I was a seller on ebay.
I gave that up after scammers and ebay screwed me over.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants