wuaki updated? No more linked UV

Found 27th Apr 2017
I have wuaki and had it linked to my UV account. Albeit not all my Ultra Violet films were linked but atleast around 40 were on Wuaki. Now they have all disappeared. Anyone else noticed this. I looked online and found no similar issues or posts.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Yes, I has linked my uv account but got an email from wuaki a few months ago saying that only uv's purchased on wuaki will be playable through them, and they will no longer support uvs from 3rd partys
Found the email for you:

Hello,

Here at Rakuten Wuaki we always like to be at the forefront of technology developments, and we work hard to bring you the best ways to enjoy your movies and TV shows. As part of this philosophy, we became a retail partner for UltraViolet in several countries across Europe. During that time we have monitored the usage and uptake of the benefits of UltraViolet in these markets, and based on these results we have taken the difficult decision to withdraw from the UltraViolet eco-system.

As of 1st March 2017, we will stop supporting UltraViolet and you will no longer be able to redeem codes at Rakuten Wuaki.

This will not affect your accessibility to any movies that you have purchased at Rakuten Wuaki. These will still be safely stored in your locker, and you can watch from all of your devices in the usual way. You can still download to watch offline in relevant devices too, there are no changes in these areas.

For UltraViolet-enabled movies and TV shows that you have purchased outside of Rakuten Wuaki, you will still be able to enjoy the UltraViolet benefits in other participating UltraViolet services. Visit myuv.com to find out more.

By releasing ourselves from UltraViolet, we can put more time into other improvements of our service for you, in areas that we see that our customers across Europe are using more frequently. So stay tuned for some exciting announcements coming your way soon!
Thanks for your information. That sucks. I only have Flixster now. And the sainsburys blink box stopped the service too. It's about time PS4 or Xbox have an app by now.

Edited by: "dusktilldawn" 27th Apr 2017
dusktilldawn

Thanks for your information. That sucks. I only have Flixster now. And … Thanks for your information. That sucks. I only have Flixster now. And the sainsburys blink box stopped the service too. It's about time PS4 or Xbox have an app by now.

I agree, this is the problem with digital downloads and the DRM theres no single platform you can purchase from different sources and play on it
Sorry for my ignorance and not googling but what are UV's compared to Blue rays?
I use Flixster on Chromecast bu that's and the only way I know of?

I have all the consoles and how one of the hasn't had a UV capable app yet is beyond me, probably because they want you to purchase films on their platform.
stec77

Sorry for my ignorance and not googling but what are UV's compared to … Sorry for my ignorance and not googling but what are UV's compared to Blue rays?

UV'S are included in relevant blurays and UHD blurays. They are just a digital copy that can be viewed on Flixster via an app, installed on your phone tablet or device. Now TV did support but also dropped the app. If you have any UV leaflets in your cases. Redeem them or sell them on eBay. Most generous ops give them away for free on hot deals.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants