Wuntu closing down

Posted 24th Nov
Tried to sign up for wuntu but won’t let me as the are closing on the 15 December thoughts

3340967.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
It’s got so so so so so bad.. it was good at the start but I haven’t opened the app in months.

They had good offers wae dominos, cineworld and Costa.. they all left about a year ago and were never replaced with anything of quality..
35 Comments
Link?
Come up on app while trying to register
Il do it again and screenshot it
It’s got so so so so so bad.. it was good at the start but I haven’t opened the app in months.

They had good offers wae dominos, cineworld and Costa.. they all left about a year ago and were never replaced with anything of quality..
39097341-CSJk8.jpg
AndyRoyd24/11/2019 14:07

15 Dec, not 17. Just sayin.

I forgot the exact date it was the other day I seen it so had to redo for screen shot
It does seem to have been heavily london-centric for the last few months. Promotion of 5G, london-exclusive theatre tickets and events, lots of 'fresh' produce delivered by post at a 500% mark-up.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 24th Nov
Goodbye Wuntu been good @jamie15
Wongy11024/11/2019 15:31

Goodbye Wuntu been good @jamie15 [Video]

I'm really surprised they are closing it, but at the same time it was the right decision. Three could have done so much better with it!

@AW0079@LauraBargain2017@Arsenal012019 it was a good run while it was on. For the Domino's I went to, all the staff knew me as I used to get at least 20 pizzas
Half of us forgot about it 6 months ago.
Thanks for the odd pizza I got
I used Wuntu more when I wasn't a 3 customer than when I became a fully fledged contract customer about 6 months ago.
Misslovely24/11/2019 15:35

Half of us forgot about it 6 months ago. Thanks for the odd pizza I got

The most I got was 4.
Gollywood24/11/2019 16:03

The most I got was 4.

I got 6, 1 cineworld and few Costas but didn't like Costa anyway
Thoughts, you asked.

Three have sufficient data to sell to their consultancies.
Misslovely24/11/2019 16:07

I got 6, 1 cineworld and few Costas but didn't like Costa anyway

I liked the Costa & Cineworld
Good was crap anyway hopefully they will replace it with decent offers like Vodafone do.
jamie1524/11/2019 15:34

I'm really surprised they are closing it, but at the same time it was the …I'm really surprised they are closing it, but at the same time it was the right decision. Three could have done so much better with it!@AW0079 @LauraBargain2017 @Arsenal012019 it was a good run while it was on. For the Domino's I went to, all the staff knew me as I used to get at least 20 pizzas

maybe an opportunity to get credit on your contracts via live chat?
MrMaccieKFC24/11/2019 17:49

maybe an opportunity to get credit on your contracts via live chat?

Good idea
jamie1524/11/2019 15:34

I'm really surprised they are closing it, but at the same time it was the …I'm really surprised they are closing it, but at the same time it was the right decision. Three could have done so much better with it!@AW0079 @LauraBargain2017 @Arsenal012019 it was a good run while it was on. For the Domino's I went to, all the staff knew me as I used to get at least 20 pizzas

LOL I remember getting 40 pizzas for a group, then heading to Cineworld all day and night. Good times.
Ah this is quite sad as I used Wuntu a lot in its glory days. I still check their page to see whether an occassional not bad (nothing free now) offer appears. Current National Express ticket for £5 is the only one for the last few weeks for me. At least I can have my few MBs free space after 15 December.
Edited by: "carminecastle" 25th Nov
I can't see them just closing it down and not replacing it with something else.
carminecastle25/11/2019 04:50

Ah this is quite sad as I used Wuntu a lot in its glory days. I still …Ah this is quite sad as I used Wuntu a lot in its glory days. I still check their page to see whether an occassional not bad (nothing free now) offer appears. Current National Express ticket for £5 is the only one for the last few weeks for me. At least I can have my few MBs free space after 15 December.

Only thing I'll miss is Café Rouge burger for £5. I didn't use it often but appreciated it being there as I can't find that offer anywhere else.
Edited by: "jamie15" 25th Nov
There is an explanation on why the good deals went away here hotukdeals.com/dis…837

but in short, too many freeloaders using multiple SIMs to get huge numbers of offers. As always the fee awful people ruin it for every
jon81uk25/11/2019 19:13

There is an explanation on why the good deals went away here …There is an explanation on why the good deals went away here https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/wuntu-the-reason-it-no-longer-has-many-free-offers-3209837but in short, too many freeloaders using multiple SIMs to get huge numbers of offers. As always the fee awful people ruin it for every

All Three had to do is implement a top up requirement. Problem sorted. People were selling 100s of codes on eBay at the end, which ruined it more than anything.
Edited by: "jamie15" 25th Nov
jamie1525/11/2019 19:22

All Three had to do is implement a top up requirement. Problem sorted. …All Three had to do is implement a top up requirement. Problem sorted. People were selling 100s of codes on eBay at the end, which ruined it more than anything.

thats what o2 does
Ringfinger25/11/2019 07:41

I can't see them just closing it down and not replacing it with something …I can't see them just closing it down and not replacing it with something else.

They plan to, just no release date.

Just seen this:

39118244-AIVRc.jpg
justanothercid24/11/2019 13:59

It’s got so so so so so bad.. it was good at the start but I haven’t ope …It’s got so so so so so bad.. it was good at the start but I haven’t opened the app in months. They had good offers wae dominos, cineworld and Costa.. they all left about a year ago and were never replaced with anything of quality..

Couldn't agree more! It was actually something I would look forward to on a wednesday when the new deals came out but as you say the last year has just been a phone clogger!
Peter_Brooks24/11/2019 14:08

I forgot the exact date it was the other day I seen it so had to redo for …I forgot the exact date it was the other day I seen it so had to redo for screen shot

Wuntu is history from 15 Dec 2019 three.co.uk/wuntu and where the history of the pre-history can be seen at web.archive.org/web…ntu
Three has just applied a £15 bung to my sis's SIMO contract as compo for demise of Wuntu. Says she never even used |Wuntu, just complained to 3 CS of "loss of potential benefit" or some other similar phrase. Think she got lucky (in not using Wuntu ).
Nice goodbye offer from Wuntu... hotukdeals.com/dea…141

Oddly only 16,500 codes available though.
Was great while it lasted.
I had some of the free Brewdog beers from Majestic, enjoyed the Rakuten free points and pizzas and the odd Costa but has been awful recently
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions