Wuntu has officially shut down and the application is no longer usable

Posted 16th Dec 2019
3366191.jpg
Was fun whilst it lasted, but all things *eventually* come to an end.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Husla16/12/2019 16:47

They didn't have anything too useful like O2 or Vodafone did. I'd prefer …They didn't have anything too useful like O2 or Vodafone did. I'd prefer free hot drinks or cheap cinema tickets over raffles.

They did at first

Cinema tickets, costa coffee, dominos pizza, Bella Italia, Greggs, Majestic wines, all for completely free.

Then they started reducing the rewards and making them more expensive, until they finally stopped with the good offers and turned it into an advertising space.

They were better than O2 and Vodafone combined at one point.
15 Comments
Pizza! Have never been so much fun.
They didn't have anything too useful like O2 or Vodafone did. I'd prefer free hot drinks or cheap cinema tickets over raffles.
R.I.P and thank you for the pizzas
No more people begging for codes
Husla16/12/2019 16:47

They didn't have anything too useful like O2 or Vodafone did. I'd prefer …They didn't have anything too useful like O2 or Vodafone did. I'd prefer free hot drinks or cheap cinema tickets over raffles.

They did at first

Cinema tickets, costa coffee, dominos pizza, Bella Italia, Greggs, Majestic wines, all for completely free.

Then they started reducing the rewards and making them more expensive, until they finally stopped with the good offers and turned it into an advertising space.

They were better than O2 and Vodafone combined at one point.
thank you for your anonymised personal data
i remember the pizzas lol
Joined Three too late but still made use of some things. Hope they can replace it something better soon.
Rune_2H16/12/2019 17:47

Comment deleted

They closed because of idiots redeeming loads of codes at once and even said this in a Facebook post or similar.

Too many people were leaching on offers from multiple accounts that’s wasn’t making it fair for others and reduced the usability. Especially for codes since they were limited and lots of people were just harvesting them from different accounts.

This was making less codes available for genuine users and the wuntu team could only supply so many

Fair if your household of however many, even 20 people or more were all on 3, and you all redeemed a code, that’s how the app was intended to work.

Not for one person having 57 different three SIM cards and accounts all redeeming codes at the same time then selling them/trading them off.

I did enjoy wuntu at first, got a few sweet boxes which is always nice, some pizza and cinema codes and even an amazon voucher twice!

After the first year it went downhill imo and became another “freebie” app which was pointless for said reasons.

I hope O2 and Vodafone last longer and have methods to keep this type of scum away who kill the joy for everyone else.
Rune_2H16/12/2019 17:47

Comment deleted

Yeah it’s a really big shame but it could have easily been prevented if Three actually wanted the platform to live a longer, healthier life.

I’m not sure why they didn’t implement countermeasures to deter people from ordering free sim cards and receiving unlimited rewards from the application without spending a penny. They should have looked at the competition (O2+Vodafone) and introduced a limitation that required users of the application to top up an X amount of money or be an active pay monthly customer.
D3ATHST3P16/12/2019 18:08

Yeah it’s a really big shame but it could have easily been prevented if T …Yeah it’s a really big shame but it could have easily been prevented if Three actually wanted the platform to live a longer, healthier life. I’m not sure why they didn’t implement countermeasures to deter people from ordering free sim cards and receiving unlimited rewards from the application without spending a penny. They should have looked at the competition (O2+Vodafone) and introduced a limitation that required users of the application to top up an X amount of money or be an active pay monthly customer.

They called our threads on here, saying someone had got 20 pizzas with the offer, which was true as there were a number of people doing it with the free sim.
39402634-6xcPV.jpg
Rune_2H16/12/2019 18:09

Comment deleted

That’s the problem with some people. Absolute scum. Why would you want to do that? Yes amazon makes billions and a few bob less wouldn’t harm them but it’s all about morals.

Like you said yourself some people really take the biscuit. Fair enough your item has come really damaged or whatever then yeah make a fair complaint

But you can’t order from a platform knowing it may already be damaged slightly or not packaged correctly then still moan about it.

Sad state of affairs, these situations. I used to be on O2, had my time with rewards and when I left, I also left the reward scheme, same with Vodafone

I was equally surprised when the project manager/head of operations put that statement out because you don’t ever really here that kind of stuff directly from a company let alone the chief. It was saddening to read but without any systems in place like others, it was expected
I've never found anything useful in it at all.
HUKD destroyed wuntu
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions