Wuntu - The reason it no longer has many free offers

Posted 5th Apr 2019Edited by:"Familyguy1982"
The Head of Product Development at Three has written a very informative and eye-opening post about why the Wuntu app no longer has free offers such as Cineworld codes, Domino's pizza and Costa coffee:

Reason Wuntu no longer has many free offers

(see bottom of this post for screenshots of the whole post by Three)

One prominent HUKD member is also called out in the comments section:

3209837.jpg
I wonder if any of the following 'customers' were members on here as well?

3209837.jpg
It just goes to show that all good things come to an end eventually (or even quicker if they are abused!)

I understand people who don't have Facebook won't be able to read the post, so for anyone who's interested I've posted screenshots of the whole post below * WARNING - It's long! *
I won't post all the comments as there are a lot and I think I've posted the most relevant one already.

3209837.jpg3209837.jpg3209837.jpg3209837.jpg3209837.jpg3209837.jpg3209837.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
senukas1 h, 47 m ago

That Head doesn't have much (if any) brain in it. So let's give people …That Head doesn't have much (if any) brain in it. So let's give people free sims with NO need to top up whatsoever, then put free food/goods/service offers on wuntu and THEN COMPLAIN that people were using them and taking advantage. FOOL!!!We have three sims from 3 in our household, all payg and used very occasionally as back up. So The Head is telling it was wrong for me to show up at Domino's and claim three free pizzas.?? Ffs, he/she just should be fired by 3 for such stupidity.

WUNTU clearly had more faith in humanity. By the tone of your post, he was clearly oblivious of the entitled and greedy. Some days I wish I could be so naive too.
senukas06/04/2019 06:34

That Head doesn't have much (if any) brain in it. So let's give people …That Head doesn't have much (if any) brain in it. So let's give people free sims with NO need to top up whatsoever, then put free food/goods/service offers on wuntu and THEN COMPLAIN that people were using them and taking advantage. FOOL!!!We have three sims from 3 in our household, all payg and used very occasionally as back up. So The Head is telling it was wrong for me to show up at Domino's and claim three free pizzas.?? Ffs, he/she just should be fired by 3 for such stupidity.

You have three extra sim cards in you abode as back up? Back up to what? We don't have a single extra sim as back up, should we get one? What's the ratio of back up sims to people I should be using?
Most of these people will be on here....

people will justify all the ways they take advantage of deals like this and ruin it for everyone.

Its unfortunately again a stark reminder how our education system is failing so many.
I mean can you even blame people? Ofcourse people were going to abuse this, if you don't set a strict 1 per customer policy why shouldn't they? I would do the same.
64 Comments
I hope these Sc*ms can sleep better at night after doing this sorta thing
i don't get why there then put on it where you have to top up like Vodafone and 02
10 pizzas, emptying a costa of their brownies ffs!
I can't read this as I don't have a Facebook account, does this mean wuntu app is pointless now and should be uninstalled? I never got to use a single offer.
delusion06/04/2019 01:16

I can't read this as I don't have a Facebook account, does this mean wuntu …I can't read this as I don't have a Facebook account, does this mean wuntu app is pointless now and should be uninstalled? I never got to use a single offer.

The OP has put up screenshots of the comments, I don't have Facebook either

Thanks OP
I mean can you even blame people? Ofcourse people were going to abuse this, if you don't set a strict 1 per customer policy why shouldn't they? I would do the same.
rogan17914 h, 53 m ago

The OP has put up screenshots of the comments, I don't have Facebook …The OP has put up screenshots of the comments, I don't have Facebook either Thanks OP

I just assumed there was more information than those screenshots.
That Head doesn't have much (if any) brain in it. So let's give people free sims with NO need to top up whatsoever, then put free food/goods/service offers on wuntu and THEN COMPLAIN that people were using them and taking advantage. FOOL!!!
We have three sims from 3 in our household, all payg and used very occasionally as back up. So The Head is telling it was wrong for me to show up at Domino's and claim three free pizzas.?? Ffs, he/she just should be fired by 3 for such stupidity.
senukas06/04/2019 06:34

You have three extra sim cards in you abode as back up? Back up to what? We don't have a single extra sim as back up, should we get one? What's the ratio of back up sims to people I should be using?
senukas1 h, 47 m ago

WUNTU clearly had more faith in humanity. By the tone of your post, he was clearly oblivious of the entitled and greedy. Some days I wish I could be so naive too.
Yea I remember when people boasted on here they listed cineworld on Ebay. I cant remember any names as I was a newbie

What a shame.
No wonder they only give a Gregg's pasties in a blue moon now!
Most of these people will be on here....

people will justify all the ways they take advantage of deals like this and ruin it for everyone.

Its unfortunately again a stark reminder how our education system is failing so many.
What now? Are we also gonna start blaming amazon for using loopholes to legally pay less tax?

Oh wait...

All You need is a "one voucher per transaction" term. This will stop the "45 vouchers used to empty the brownies" and the "10 phones for pizzas" (you're complaining about 10 pizzas? Really? That's probably 10 friends getting only one person to walk to the store. Hardly fraud).

I get this won't stop the 500 cineworld codes on eBay but tbh, if someone has 500 smartphones then clearly they don't need the money. It's more likely that there's either a glitch with the software or some cloning going on, and you should pay him for research and development toward your next update. Win win.
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 6th Apr 2019
All they needed is a 3 tier system. New customers get basic offers. After 12 months move to silver and over 24 move to gold.
Only exception could be new 24 month contracts go to gold.
So wuntu is dead😡 glad I’m not with three anymore there bandwidth for 4g is awful too.
I've now posted the full post from Three for anyone who doesn't have Facebook and is interested in reading it.
deleted254180
Good on em.

They did nothing wrong
I used the free pizzas code a fair few times but then every time ordered other items as well

System was always flawed though didn't o2 priority start off the same way? 500 codes is excessive but we see this all time look at the free Spotify home minis people will always exploit an opportunity

The actual offer I used the most was the £3 small pizza from dominos which they have stopped now but they was great value on a Monday, always use the £5 main at Bella Italia as well so wuntu not totally useless yet - I see it as a bonus and it won't stop me switching to another network.
Time to delete wuntu, I had your back when you gave free pizza and gave Rakuten points but no more and I don't blame you. I only got pizza once then the offers never came again my luck. Greedy pigs had to ruin it for everyone.
Edited by: "MR1123" 6th Apr 2019
Justsuperman3 h, 20 m ago

So wuntu is dead😡 glad I’m not with three anymore there bandwidth for 4 …So wuntu is dead😡 glad I’m not with three anymore there bandwidth for 4g is awful too.

^this
Maybe if they concentrated on providing the service in the first place ?
Could not even get the free sausage roll last time
666FU10 h, 30 m ago

You have three extra sim cards in you abode as back up? Back up to what? …You have three extra sim cards in you abode as back up? Back up to what? We don't have a single extra sim as back up, should we get one? What's the ratio of back up sims to people I should be using?

Dual sim phones and a tablet data sim. EE (my main number) reception at work is hence sometimes use Three's data. Also found their roaming very good so use them on holidays instead of EE.
Three is probably the best network I've ever used for customer service and speed, but Wuntu is and has always been awful for me. The only offers I ever used were the free coffee from Costa and Greggs. I gave away a few Domino's codes, and there's no Cineworld anywhere near me. But worse was what a faff it was to get it to do anything - half the time it would log me out and force me to re-register any time I checked the app.

Really don't understand the people who got hundreds of freebies and bragged (and continue to brag) about it on here. Not so much the fact that they took advantage of the possibility, but that they were so classless about bragging about it, and thus ruining it for everyone. You know who you are....

It's also true, however, that Three missed a trick by not restricting the offers (or even access to the app) in any way, and they have only themselves to blame for that. They can't complain about people exploiting Wuntu with free SIMs when a) Three give away free SIMs and b) Wuntu allows all free SIMs access to the app. That's just laughable.

Interesting to get a peek behind the curtain on these offers though. Thanks for posting this, OP. Wish I could read the comments!
Edited by: "Ferris" 6th Apr 2019
no wonder he got named - total disgrace the way he and others acted
Yep we all knew abuse was the reason, they should introduce offers as invite only to true 3 customers, that way we actual 3 customers get a nice popup every so often "thank you for being with us, have a dominos/greggs/coffee on us" ect. specifically not everyone has to get everything just something random every so often, that way you reward the actual people on 3 and make it untennable for the abusers.
@AW0079@jamie15 Don't know if you've seen this yet! 😥
csa108/04/2019 23:15

@AW0079 @jamie15 Don't know if you've seen this yet! 😥

I have unfortunately. What I don't understand is, they fully acknowledge the free SIMs issue yet instead of stopping that, they stop the freebies!

Abuse is to be expected, I certainly abused Wuntu and so did many others. In the end, if Three did what O2 do now with Priority, this situation wouldn't be happening.
Edited by: "jamie15" 8th Apr 2019
csa111 h, 13 m ago

@AW0079 @jamie15 Don't know if you've seen this yet! 😥

AW0079 should have already seen it as I copied him into my original post, but it subsequently and mysteriously disappeared!
jamie1508/04/2019 23:22

I certainly abused Wuntu and so did many others. In the end, if Three did …I certainly abused Wuntu and so did many others. In the end, if Three did what O2 do now with Priority, this situation wouldn't be happening.

If people hadn't abused Wuntu to the extent they did then Three wouldn't need to.

I've happily paid my £10 top up to O2 and would do the same with Three if they bought back the good deals.
Familyguy19825 h, 20 m ago

If people hadn't abused Wuntu to the extent they did then Three wouldn't …If people hadn't abused Wuntu to the extent they did then Three wouldn't need to.I've happily paid my £10 top up to O2 and would do the same with Three if they bought back the good deals.

I spoke to Wuntu on FB who said that they wanted to stop free SIMs but those higher up didn't do anything. I'd happily pay £10 for access to Wuntu, but unfortunately they are keeping the free SIMs and removing all the freebies!
Wow £500 deliveroo credit
That is impressive
Edited by: "Arsenal012019" 24th Apr 2019
Why couldn’t they have just done what O2 did?

Make it so you need to be an active user who has paid for credit, or is on a monthly subscription.

This pays for the cost of the app, and prevents people from getting multiple sims and getting free stuff.

Why didn’t they do this?
MyCaII22/05/2019 00:43

Why couldn’t they have just done what O2 did? Make it so you need to be an …Why couldn’t they have just done what O2 did? Make it so you need to be an active user who has paid for credit, or is on a monthly subscription. This pays for the cost of the app, and prevents people from getting multiple sims and getting free stuff. Why didn’t they do this?

Whenever they were asked this question, they just deflected by saying abuse was only one of the reasons. Another reason being that 100,000 codes was not enough, though they've never tried that amount without abusing customers.
jamie1522/05/2019 01:22

Whenever they were asked this question, they just deflected by saying …Whenever they were asked this question, they just deflected by saying abuse was only one of the reasons. Another reason being that 100,000 codes was not enough, though they've never tried that amount without abusing customers.

Maybe they knew about us
Miss the £3 small pizzas on a monday from Dominos - they were great wish they brought them back.
Personator123422/05/2019 08:56

Miss the £3 small pizzas on a monday from Dominos - they were great wish …Miss the £3 small pizzas on a monday from Dominos - they were great wish they brought them back.

I used that too, unfortunately Wuntu will just say to use that Dine rubbish.
Are they planning on putting better deals in future? Surely they can put a stop to this loophole?
ruheluddin8617/06/2019 22:21

Are they planning on putting better deals in future? Surely they can put a …Are they planning on putting better deals in future? Surely they can put a stop to this loophole?

Wuntu is finished. Just Delete the app and forget about it.
_skeeter_18/06/2019 00:27

Wuntu is finished. Just Delete the app and forget about it.

You’re right, I’m getting rid! Pathetic
ruheluddin8617/06/2019 22:21

Are they planning on putting better deals in future? Surely they can put a …Are they planning on putting better deals in future? Surely they can put a stop to this loophole?

They can't stop the loophole because those higher up at Three don't want to.

They have moved from offering freebies to offering discount schemes like Dine Card, Sofar Sounds, etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants