WWE RAW @ London O2 - Few questions for anyone that can help...

4 replies
Found 16th Mar
Really looking forward to it, just wondering if anyone that is going or has gone to a television taping before could shed some light on what to expect...

How long will it run for? on the TV its 3hrs but I'm guessing that will be different when in attendance.

Do u get to see Main Event? Will there be dark matches before/after?

Just if anyone could tell me a little more of what to expect.

Thanks for your help in advance guys, really appreciated.

4 Comments

Hello. Yes you will see main event before hand. And also a dark match afterwards with one or two promos. Raw lasts the same amount of time although they fill adverts with various entertainment bits.

Hi...
It's been a while since I went to a taping. Definitely stick around until after RAW has finished... There is usually a dark match/segment just for the fans in attendance.
In my view, the WWE product has become quite stale in the storyline department but the UK fans more than make up for that. Get involved and chant along... It's a lot more fun in person than watching on TV.
Enjoy!

Original Poster

RajRai13

Hello. Yes you will see main event before hand. And also a dark match … Hello. Yes you will see main event before hand. And also a dark match afterwards with one or two promos. Raw lasts the same amount of time although they fill adverts with various entertainment bits.

Frenchmeister

Hi... It's been a while since I went to a taping. Definitely stick around … Hi... It's been a while since I went to a taping. Definitely stick around until after RAW has finished... There is usually a dark match/segment just for the fans in attendance. In my view, the WWE product has become quite stale in the storyline department but the UK fans more than make up for that. Get involved and chant along... It's a lot more fun in person than watching on TV. Enjoy!

Thanks Guys!

i've no idea of the differences between raw and the other one or anything else, but I went to an O2 show for nostalgia's sake (not filmed), sat up in the nosebleeds, hadn't seen wrestling for the best part of 2 decades but still had a laugh. loads of matches, loads of big names, tons of twists and surprises and the big fans were well entertained
the place was full of kids, obsessive kids who knew all about current wrestling - I didn't realise WWF (sorry pandas, I'm too long in the tooth to change my name for this) still attracted fans. the show was transparently staged (didn't appear like that when I was 9 years old!) but good for a bit of fun.
be prepared to spend loads extra on junk (£20 on a poorly put together programme; for my sins i'm eternally committed to buying every programme for every event I attend), overpriced snacks and drinks (drinks are harder than ever to sneak in, some food may make it past - if you have a group, I can share some tactics, food easier to get in). there are camera restrictions but I've almost never been stopped with an SLR - again with a group there are ways to maximise sneakage
unless it's a daytime show, kids will want to leave early, meaning there's not the usual post-event crush at the station, so you can stay until the end without encountering delays
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65700
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions