WWE Royal Rumble 2018 - Predict the winner(s)!

Found 24th Jan
Hi all,

Who do you think is winning the men's and women's Royal Rumble matches?

My picks :

Men's - Dolph Ziggler.

Women's - Ronda Rousey.
Community Updates
Misc
35 Comments
I think just as long as everyone has a fun time and plays fair we're all winners
Rakishi
Haven’t the winners already been chosen
Predikuesi34 m ago

Haven’t the winners already been chosen

Yes, but they don't tell the viewers. That's how television works!!!!
Im going to go for:

mens: Return for Batista but The Miz for the Win

Womens: I think Ronda Rousey will show up but I think Nia Jax will win
Men: Brooklyn Brawler

Women: Mae Young
Edited by: "majestic2012" 24th Jan
deleted1431257
Felicitous5 h, 25 m ago

I think just as long as everyone has a fun time and plays fair we're all …I think just as long as everyone has a fun time and plays fair we're all winners

Except if Roman Reigns wins the Rumble
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 24th Jan
I was a big fan of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart back in my day. Does he still wrestle?

33125765-sTXxn.jpg
deleted1431257
James Ellsworth to win the Women's Royal Rumble, and Roman Reigns that no talent hack Vince's beeeeeeeeeeatch to win the Men's Royal Rumble and get booed out of the arena.

Real Predictions - Nakamura to win the Royal Rumble and face AJ Styles in a 7 star match at WrestleMania 34, and Sasha Banks the botch-machine baldy to win the Women's Royal Rumble and face Asuka and Alexa Bliss in a triple threat at WrestleMania 34.
deleted1431257
.Yoshi.24th Jan

I was a big fan of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart back in my day. Does he still …I was a big fan of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart back in my day. Does he still wrestle?[Image]

Natalya wrestles, I think she's a third generation wrestler from the Hart family.
Mens: Nakamura
Womens: becky lynch

Do expect a fair few surprises in both though. I think a few of the old skool women will enter the ladies rumble and expect a shock or two for the men's too. becky has been forgotten about by creative for the last year nearly, and I think her winning the rumble is the reason why. Also expect an appearance from rousey too as mentioned above.. But to have her win it would be a huge insult.
hass1239 m ago

Natalya wrestles, I think she's a third generation wrestler from the Hart …Natalya wrestles, I think she's a third generation wrestler from the Hart family.

Great to hear the Hart family is still producing talent

33125869-fhxYj.jpg
.Yoshi.24th Jan

I was a big fan of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart back in my day. Does he still …I was a big fan of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart back in my day. Does he still wrestle?[Image]

No, he just whinges about it nowadays.
hass12315 m ago

... in a 7 star match at WrestleMania 34...

While I think they could do it, they won't.
Krooner5 m ago

No, he just whinges about it nowadays.

I can imagine he is still bitter after what happened to his brother and the way he was treated
deleted1431257
Tye Dillinger to come out at number 10 again, and get eliminated in 10 seconds
.Yoshi.24th Jan

I can imagine he is still bitter after what happened to his brother and …I can imagine he is still bitter after what happened to his brother and the way he was treated

There's nothing to be bitter about in regards to Owen, it was an accident he knows the risks better than most and he was happy enough to work with Russo in WCW...

As for his treatment, I think he's proved what kind of person he was was behind the scenes. Great in the ring, no doubt, but he was truculent and a bit of a buzz-kill on the other side of the curtain by all accounts.
A few Nakamura picks here. I'm surprised after Randy returned and RKO'd him last night!
Nakamura the bookies favourite (evens), and yes you can bet on WWE.
Also worth noting that they have DB as around 3/1.

Rousey womens favourite with Asuka following close behind.
Paddy_o_furniture24th Jan

Nakamura the bookies favourite (evens), and yes you can bet on WWE.Also …Nakamura the bookies favourite (evens), and yes you can bet on WWE.Also worth noting that they have DB as around 3/1.Rousey womens favourite with Asuka following close behind.

Nakamura imo should have never been favourite so I'd be careful.
ArcAndPie6 m ago

Nakamura imo should have never been favourite so I'd be careful.

I agree, and I'd never bet on WWE. Nobody had Lesnar to break the streak. However that said, I reckon there must be some reason the bookies have installed him as fave.

I agree, and I'd never bet on WWE. Nobody had Lesnar to break the streak. …I agree, and I'd never bet on WWE. Nobody had Lesnar to break the streak. However that said, I reckon there must be some reason the bookies have installed him as fave.

A lot of people had Lesnar to break the streak, me included. If you're in the know-how, you can figure out when certain selections are getting backed heavily in America. I noticed about an hour into Wrestlemania that Lesnars odds were dropping in America and fast so I quickly lumped on over here. Winner winner!
Krooner4 h, 59 m ago

There's nothing to be bitter about in regards to Owen, it was an accident …There's nothing to be bitter about in regards to Owen, it was an accident he knows the risks better than most and he was happy enough to work with Russo in WCW... As for his treatment, I think he's proved what kind of person he was was behind the scenes. Great in the ring, no doubt, but he was truculent and a bit of a buzz-kill on the other side of the curtain by all accounts.

Well the rumours at the time were that the WWF/WWE was punishing the Hart family by making Owen Hart adopt that embarrassing Blue Blazer gimmick. They took their vendetta against Bret Hart out on his brother and were threatening to get rid of him unless he adopted the gimmick that made him look a fool. I know his death was an accident but the entrance that caused his death was steeped in politics. It was around this time that I stopped watching wrestling for this reason.
.Yoshi.24th Jan

Well the rumours at the time were that the WWF/WWE was punishing the Hart …Well the rumours at the time were that the WWF/WWE was punishing the Hart family by making Owen Hart adopt that embarrassing Blue Blazer gimmick. They took their vendetta against Bret Hart out on his brother and were threatening to get rid of him unless he adopted the gimmick that made him look a fool. I know his death was an accident but the entrance that caused his death was steeped in politics. It was around this time that I stopped watching wrestling for this reason.

He started as the blue blazer. He wanted to revisit it. They should've used a better harness, but Vince Russo (a booker at the time) and Owen himself leaned toward the lighter harness because it was easier to get off once he was down.

Owen was adored in the locker room and by everyone backstage. No politicking, even the clique loved him.
Krooner5 m ago

He started as the blue blazer. He wanted to revisit it. They should've …He started as the blue blazer. He wanted to revisit it. They should've used a better harness, but Vince Russo (a booker at the time) and Owen himself leaned toward the lighter harness because it was easier to get off once he was down. Owen was adored in the locker room and by everyone backstage. No politicking, even the clique loved him.

I am only going by what people were saying at the time but this made me despise the WWF/WWE and stop watching. I guess we will never know the truth!
.Yoshi.24th Jan

I am only going by what people were saying at the time but this made me …I am only going by what people were saying at the time but this made me despise the WWF/WWE and stop watching. I guess we will never know the truth!

I think it was just fan speculation, while the Blue Blazer thing might've looked embarrassing to us, for Owen it was a nostalgia thing. (as well as being a bit of a jab at Sting's WCW entrance) He was happy doing it, it's how he started in Calgary. They had used a safer harness at house shows (non TV events) but it needed a guy at both ends to hep him get in and out of it, he didn't want that on PPV. It's just a sad thing, there's no conspiracy or secret, what happened is pretty well documented. While I'm sure Bret and the rest of the clan, can say: "someone should've put their foot down" they know the business, and they know there wouldn't have been any changing Owen's mind.
Natalya for the women's

Braun Strowman for the men's
John Cena

Cuts a promo on RAW the night after where he can't decide which champion to face..he instead chooses to face..The Undertaker!

Who then comes out to accept. Both stare at the sign.
unreality12 m ago

John CenaCuts a promo on RAW the night after where he can't decide which …John CenaCuts a promo on RAW the night after where he can't decide which champion to face..he instead chooses to face..The Undertaker!Who then comes out to accept. Both stare at the sign.

Nah, Cena is on course to break Flairs (recognised World title) record. He'll get inserted in one of the title pictures soon and not via a RR win.
Krooner5 h, 6 m ago

He started as the blue blazer. He wanted to revisit it. They should've …He started as the blue blazer. He wanted to revisit it. They should've used a better harness, but Vince Russo (a booker at the time) and Owen himself leaned toward the lighter harness because it was easier to get off once he was down. Owen was adored in the locker room and by everyone backstage. No politicking, even the clique loved him.

This is the sort of stuff I've heard.
His wife is a major stumbling block about his HoF induction. Bret himself has even called into question her bitterness towards the company.
Don’t worry guys. I’ll win.

This is the sort of stuff I've heard. His wife is a major stumbling block …This is the sort of stuff I've heard. His wife is a major stumbling block about his HoF induction. Bret himself has even called into question her bitterness towards the company.

Owen Hart's wife?
.Yoshi.25th Jan

Owen Hart's wife?

Yes. Martha Hart.

SPOILERS

No surprises with the winners then. Satisfying to see them actually backing Shinsuke, looking forward to the match with Styles, I hope they'll let them off the chain at 'Mania. Rhonda looked a bit awkward in the ring at the end, too concerned with hitting her mark, but the fact she didn't even speak just felt weird... Hope they don't just hand the belt to her, but you kind of know they will...

Strowman got a couple of stiff punches after he accidentally kneed Lesner in the face, he was nearly knocked out! (Stroman I mean)
Edited by: "Krooner" 29th Jan
Was available for free on Twitch - surprised by how many people were streaming it !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants