Expired

"www.games-company.co.uk" - scam? Or legit?

Found 6th Jul 2013
Recently saw a 3DS XL deal here on HUKD that linked to "www.games-company.co.uk", then when I came back to try find the same deal here, it's totally disappeared!

So I did some googling and also found "http://gamconets.co.uk/BUY_3DS_BUNDLE.htm"

Exact same website with a different name. All the bits they use on the website look like recycled hmv.com assets too.

So my question to y'all HUKD'ers... Should I order the 3DS XL from them?
Community Updates
Ask
33 Comments
Banned
Simple answer. No.
Banned
Prices dont seem "rip off"ish

However:

Domain name:
games-company.co.uk

Registrant:
liam toy

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
5 cotton way
glasgow
G21 1SX
United Kingdom

Registrar:
One.com A/S t/a One.com A/S [Tag = TJNF-DK]
URL: one.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 26-May-2013
Expiry date: 26-May-2015
Last updated: 26-May-2013

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns01.one.com
ns02.one.com

WHOIS lookup made at 22:04:15 06-Jul-2013

--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2013.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted by the terms of use available in full at nominet.org.uk/who…rms, which includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.
Banned
Contact US

Via Telephone

TEL: 0843 289 1524

TEL: ++44843 289 1524 (OverSeas)

By post

Games-Company.co.uk

Games-Company GB U.K Ltd

7th Floor, WATERSIDE HOUSE
819B Oxford Street
SWANSEA
SA1 3AF

U.K

Original Poster
Too good to be true I guess.

The pikachu 3ds xl is £99.99... And cex sell it for £210!

Thanks chaps, will give it a miss the time.
Order form redirects you to: https://unlimited.webfusion-secure.co.uk/~shoppingcart5884.eu/mer…asp

A V O I D ! ! !
I found the same deal somewhere else, tried navigating their site, just returns to the home page with most links.
Just makes me wanna say NO!
i am so tempted to get it from them for the pikachu 3ds xl but i don't know
Original Poster
humzaawan123

i am so tempted to get it from them for the pikachu 3ds xl but i don't … i am so tempted to get it from them for the pikachu 3ds xl but i don't know

I wouldn't do it. I gave up on this site.

I'd recommend avoiding as everyone one thinks so too. Save yourself the hassle.
humzaawan123

i am so tempted to get it from them for the pikachu 3ds xl but i don't … i am so tempted to get it from them for the pikachu 3ds xl but i don't know

Do it.. I need a laugh.
has someone brought anything from there , if you have did it arrive
I'd like to know too. £99.99 for a 3DS XL seems to good to be true. Cheaper than a DS Lite on their site. It says a company called G-B-S is reaponsible for the transactions but I see no further I do about that company on the page.
They don't even know what comes with it

This Nintendo 3DS Console Includes:
1 Nintendo 3DS XL system.
1 Nintendo 3DS XL charging cradle.
1 Nintendo 3DS XL AC UK adapter.
1 Nintendo 3DS XL stylus.
1 SD Memory Card (4GB).
1 AR Card(s) (view the cards using the outer cameras to play supported AR games).
1 Quick-Start Guide.
1 Operations Manual (including full warranty).

Don't come with charger or charging cradle
I've just talked to my son about this great deal for his daughter/my granddaughter for her xmas prezz. He dropped the money off tonight, maybe a guardian angel is watching over me as I can't get access to the website, I'm so glad I found this first as I may be one of those who you need ' .... a good laugh' at!

I will try the website again tomorrow with trepidition & apprehension but its now a case of '...if's, and, or, but's'!

To me its not unusual to see the same pics or wording on different websites as sometimes it seems they use the same company for advertising. or when peeps can't be bothered to do there own & just 'copy & paste' , does this then make them 'dodgy dealers'?
Not sure about this site. Navigated payment process page to see what was what and they only accept Visa or Mastercard and also wanted you to enter your date of birth beside your card details. Never been asked that before and didnt like it. Also once on the payment page you couldnt go back or into tab links and it kept you on the payment page. Not risking it as want two off them for my kids, so just gonna cough up the recommended price at Argos or somewhere reputable!
Tried to call, in a queue for 10mins so hung up! Not looking good.
Looks like the same "offer" is on cheap-game-bundles.com

also has address of;
cheap-game-bundlesGB U.K Ltd
7th Floor, WATERSIDE HOUSE
819B Oxford Street
SWANSEA

The FAQ's redirect you to an Australian website, whilst the domain was registered in September to someone in Ormskirk, Lancashire with a contact telephone 01872 in Tturo Cornwall.

Something is not quite right with this offer.
SA1 3AF
Found this site at the top page of a google search and like the rest of you was surprised they were going so cheap and thought our daughter could have one...added to cart went to checkout and entered the details as requested. Was asked several times for my county and then it said processing only then to say its been declined...invalid postcode and number etc..put the exact same details in again and same problem. tried ringing the company but a voicemail says its currently unavailable...then the penny drops in my head and panik...transfered all my funds from that acc to my other one. nothing has been taken but i am sure they wil try. Seems abit dodgy the transaction didnt work twice and phone number not working...obviously a scam se please be warned...I should have been smarter and done a review search. Nothing lost but something learned....BE AWARE !!!
jayandhollie

Found this site at the top page of a google search and like the rest of … Found this site at the top page of a google search and like the rest of you was surprised they were going so cheap and thought our daughter could have one...added to cart went to checkout and entered the details as requested. Was asked several times for my county and then it said processing only then to say its been declined...invalid postcode and number etc..put the exact same details in again and same problem. tried ringing the company but a voicemail says its currently unavailable...then the penny drops in my head and panik...transfered all my funds from that acc to my other one. nothing has been taken but i am sure they wil try. Seems abit dodgy the transaction didnt work twice and phone number not working...obviously a scam se please be warned...I should have been smarter and done a review search. Nothing lost but something learned....BE AWARE !!!

Report the card as stolen immediately.
I've seen the same website with the 3ds xl at £100. Too good to be true or not? Has anyone either used them or got any more info on this outfit? Cant find anything else apart from the info already posted here.
Must be fake....tried calling cost me 20p per min and was still waiting to be answered 12mins in....guess they make a fortune from calls alone.....AVOID AVOID AVOID
nannyjay

I've just talked to my son about this great deal for his daughter/my … I've just talked to my son about this great deal for his daughter/my granddaughter for her xmas prezz. He dropped the money off tonight, maybe a guardian angel is watching over me as I can't get access to the website, I'm so glad I found this first as I may be one of those who you need ' .... a good laugh' at! I will try the website again tomorrow with trepidition & apprehension but its now a case of '...if's, and, or, but's'! To me its not unusual to see the same pics or wording on different websites as sometimes it seems they use the same company for advertising. or when peeps can't be bothered to do there own & just 'copy & paste' , does this then make them 'dodgy dealers'?

Hey nannyjay, I was just wondering if you ever got around to ordering on of the website's products and if you did, whether you received it or not.
No I didn't purchased from this site after all, after reading all the 'scares' I tried a couple times more without success and decided to give it up as a bad job.

Eventually went somewhere more trusting and reliable.
Nannyjay54

No I didn't purchased from this site after all, after reading all the … No I didn't purchased from this site after all, after reading all the 'scares' I tried a couple times more without success and decided to give it up as a bad job.Eventually went somewhere more trusting and reliable.

Hi could you tell me if this company tried to take any money from your account as I tried to put a purchase through twice and it didn't work and was concerned about the amount of information they took and whether it was a card scam.

Thankyou
jayandhollie

Found this site at the top page of a google search and like the rest of … Found this site at the top page of a google search and like the rest of you was surprised they were going so cheap and thought our daughter could have one...added to cart went to checkout and entered the details as requested. Was asked several times for my county and then it said processing only then to say its been declined...invalid postcode and number etc..put the exact same details in again and same problem. tried ringing the company but a voicemail says its currently unavailable...then the penny drops in my head and panik...transfered all my funds from that acc to my other one. nothing has been taken but i am sure they wil try. Seems abit dodgy the transaction didnt work twice and phone number not working...obviously a scam se please be warned...I should have been smarter and done a review search. Nothing lost but something learned....BE AWARE !!!

Hi I have done the same - did they try and take any money from your account in the end?
It's a SCAM!!!
I just placed an order for one of these consoles, what should i do? Leave it a few days or what?
ca123

I just placed an order for one of these consoles, what should i do? Leave … I just placed an order for one of these consoles, what should i do? Leave it a few days or what?

are you a moron?
Did you receive the order?
I tried today it's a con takes card details then declines the order. You ring the 0843 number nothing 16 minutes on hold avoid !! Now cancelled my card just in case.
so has anyone actually bought and received from this company .
hi, I got caught with this a few years ago. The rush to please stops you thinking. DO NOT DO IT! They will take card details or ask for money order - no protection, the usual 'looks good and professional approach' - all scams are! Never use paypal or money order or PP or postal order or cash. After you order they automatically confirm to give them time to get money clear.
We all like a bargain - but believe me the feeling of seeing your scam and them facing the fact that your kid is going to miss out is never worth the chance. Use Amazon, ebay, Gumtree.....ask yourself, what does your kid do when the empty box..........yada yada yad
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants