www.shoesforkids.co.uk

Found 11th Aug 2008
Has anyone ordered from this company?

It's been mentioned on these boards a few times over the last 18 months, mostly unremarked upon, and I am nervous about ordering from shoesforkids until I read some stories from satisfied customers. Shoesforkids has no online store, does not publish any contact details except an e-mail on its website, and e-mails me from a virgin.net address. It also informs me that if I buy from them using PayPal then I am covered by my credit-card provider (I know that this is not the case). It also advertises some products through Amazon - though not the products I am after.

I'd be interested to read the thoughts of others. Is this a reliable way of saving 50% on Clarks shoes and also avoiding their appalling customer service standards?
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
i'd avoid them personally.
Why do you say that?
musicals;2727292

Why do you say that?

you've pretty much said it all yourself. i mean, if they don't even have their own domain and use virgin.net to email from that's pretty shoddy.
Do you think it's safe ordering from them via Amazon?
musicals;2727321

Do you think it's safe ordering from them via Amazon?

yeah, amazon would reimburse you if anything went wrong, so you should be ok there.
Cool. Anything that means I don't have to pay Clark's exorbitant prices is a step forward (if you pardon the pun)
musicals;2727363

Cool. Anything that means I don't have to pay Clark's exorbitant prices … Cool. Anything that means I don't have to pay Clark's exorbitant prices is a step forward (if you pardon the pun)

amazon actually do sell clarks shoes themselves, although i presume you already know that.
Yes, but, alas, only for adults.
It's the Clarks shoes for the whippersnappers I am after. :-D
I've chanced my arm and am placing an order. Will let people know how I get on - then others can take advantage as well. RIP Clarks stores.
I feel I must comment - even though your thread is now quite old!

I am a regular customer of shoesforkids having bought at least 8 pairs of shoes - Clarks (which you are looking for), chipmunks and some of their designer shoes from their other site.

My cousin has also bought from them - and, like me, can only say one thing about them!

From first contact the lady owner returned my e-mails within minutes, helped me with different types / styles of shoes - and their delivery was second to none!

No - I didn't feel any financial insecurity by dealing with them. The fact that you can pay by paypal means that, like credit cards, you purchases are protected. Also, I am sure that Amazon 'vet' their third party sellers - and if they were unsubstantial, they wouldn't be allowed to trade using their name.

I paid for all my shoes by paypal (as I have done for many items that I buy online) with no problems. My cousin paid by cheque and was similarly impressed by their products, delivery speed & professionalism.

If you want a flashy website, impersonal cart & exhorbitant postal & product prices, then go for the big companies. If, however, you want to save money, have honest personal service; fantastic delivery times (most of my shoes have been delivered within 48 hours of my first mail to the company); great products and genuine P & P, then you should have no qualms about dealing with shoesforkids.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants