X

11 Comments
Could try bleach or soda crystals. Try your local Wickes or Homebase to see if they stock any products that specialize in restoring the door/frame.
Edited by: "brawlzzz" 17th Sep 2012
Just go into a diy store and buy some pvc cleaner/whitener
If its going yellow its probably the profile at fault , some cheaper/earlier pvc profiles do turn yellow with age and sunlight, you cannot fix this problem
paint it
I used to work for a company called Wurth who sold a few different types of upvc cleaner to window installers and manufacturers.

In order of strength you will find most of the following on eBay

UPVC cream cleaner - basic cream cleaner for removing pencil marks etc
Type 32 cleaner - solvent based cream cleaner so better an above for removing marks and dirt.
Type 20 - strong solvent cleaner which will clean most things from the profile non abrasive to the profile.
Type 10 - wowzers!! Use In a ventilated area as I know a fitter who passed out from the fumes in a porch. Literally takes the very top layer of the profile off. You will need to use cream cleaner to put the shine back on the profile and buff it up.

If they don't have any on eBay they have a few trade shops around the country.

Hope this helps
sounds like a great idea. didn't even know you could whiten UPC but then again none of my UPVC windows and doors have become yellow.
make sure new ones are made from virgin pvc, the ones made from recycled plastic are the ones that can go yellow from what i have been told
Did ours at the weekend with T-Cut UPVC - shop around online as may get cheaper on eBay etc and it did a good job AMAZON LINK HERE
And after you have got the window frames clean and white again use car polish after.I use Mer polish twice a year on window frames and it stops the bird poo staining the frames
deanos

make sure new ones are made from virgin pvc, the ones made from recycled … make sure new ones are made from virgin pvc, the ones made from recycled plastic are the ones that can go yellow from what i have been told

also, non-virgin plastic is brittle , ancillary products like end caps etc are still made from non-virgin
I've used a white car polish in the past for double glazed frames , it was the T-cut type polish but white and it worked well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants