X Box live help. I subscrption needed per gamer tag?

Hi my boyfriend and I bought a xbox at Christmas and set up ID's for each other on xbox live and the months free subscription is running out.
Do we need to buy seperate subscrptions to live for each gamer ID?

or does one 12 onth subscrition cover per XBox?

Help apprectiated,

Thanks!

10 Comments

1 Subscription per ID, so both of you will need Live subs as it is account specific.

Banned

DragonChris;4227969

1 Subscription per ID, so both of you will need Live subs as it is … 1 Subscription per ID, so both of you will need Live subs as it is account specific.

+1 what he said

ive got 2 xbox's so if i buy the yrs subscription its 4 the gamer tag not the xboxs so it'll work on both??

Banned

dee.s.g;4228137

ive got 2 xbox's so if i buy the yrs subscription its 4 the gamer tag not … ive got 2 xbox's so if i buy the yrs subscription its 4 the gamer tag not the xboxs so it'll work on both??

yes your buying it for the gamertag (account) not the xbox

fragaliciousbob;4228139

+1

:P

fragaliciousbob;4228139

wts ^^^

Not sure how it works for the user above (or if in fact it does) if you try and log the second one in whilst already logged in on your first one. Are you allowed to have 2 instances of the same gamertag logged in at the same time? Can't ever remember seeing any exact duplicates of gamertags online before in game.

:?

geordiedeviant;4229985

wts ^^^Not sure how it works for the user above (or if in fact it does) … wts ^^^Not sure how it works for the user above (or if in fact it does) if you try and log the second one in whilst already logged in on your first one. Are you allowed to have 2 instances of the same gamertag logged in at the same time? Can't ever remember seeing any exact duplicates of gamertags online before in game. :?

You can only have your gamertag stored on one Xbox 360 at a time. You have to either move your gamertag via Memory Unit or recover it via the online recovery tool. It stops unauthorised (mis)use of gamertags.

I would agree that you need 2 subscriptions but also it depends on the games you play. My GF and me pay for an account each but if you dont mind one of you going on as a guest then some games like Halo (and maybe GOW2) only need one Gold account. I would pay for the one Gold account and see what options the games you play offer before splashing out on a 2nd.

xbox live prices are pretty cheap online tho, id buy one just so i didnt have the hassle

Cheapest I could find - turned around in 1 hour -

www DOT jasper1675 DOT com/newuk12gold.html
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband78
    2. Ditched Sky1620
    3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?611
    4. Easyjet - book now or wait?1016

See more discussions