X box question..

Posted 7th Jun
Grandson, 6, playing halo 3 from disc. Not on live or Gold etc ( don't want him chatting to strangers). Been playing ok, however today it says updating 6.9gb. Can't get started, Keeps saying 'installing'. Tried uninstalling game, installing again, also tried soft reset but no luck. Error code 0x80270300 .Other games, and this one in past, play from disc with no internet connection.
Is this normal? It's an old 360 game and worked fine on my own xbox and worked fine on his for a while. He's a very upset lad now. Anything else I can try or does my daughter need to subscribe to Live so he can play it, or subscribe to live for an update?

Any advice, anyone, please?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Do u have enough space on the hard drive to do the update ?
The console must be connected to the internet for it to be attempting to install an update? If you disconnect the internet connection - either take out the Ethernet cable connected from the console to the router, or disable the Wi-fi settings to be turned off, it shouldn’t prompt you to do the download an update and should let you continue playing the game as before while offline.
Not quite the game that I'd have expected a 6 year old to be playing, I'm sure it was rated 15. But anyway as was said above have a look at the storage on the console and see if you need to make more space.
Haircut_10007/06/2020 15:21

Not quite the game that I'd have expected a 6 year old to be playing, I'm …Not quite the game that I'd have expected a 6 year old to be playing, I'm sure it was rated 15. But anyway as was said above have a look at the storage on the console and see if you need to make more space.

Was gonna say this.... Not old enough to talk to strangers over the internet but old enough to play mature game. ...
Thanks guys, will get daughter to try these solutions. As for age on games..I think the rating is for the fact that you kill things (violence). In fact to put a rating on games it's somewhat hypocritical , when you consider that fortnite is rated 12 yet they sell fortnite toys for young children.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 7th Jun
It’s also worth noting that Xbox does include child-safety measures which are configurable, whether you want to allow a child to communicate with anyone, only friends or no-one etc.

Like others have said, it is worth noting that the Xbox must be connected to the internet anyway if it’s prompted an update, try running it offline?
matthewemmer07/06/2020 18:24

It’s also worth noting that Xbox does include child-safety measures which a …It’s also worth noting that Xbox does include child-safety measures which are configurable, whether you want to allow a child to communicate with anyone, only friends or no-one etc.Like others have said, it is worth noting that the Xbox must be connected to the internet anyway if it’s prompted an update, try running it offline?

It is connected to the internet, when the disc was put in the game updated then with no issues. Unfortunately I'm not there to help, so everything is being done like Chinese whispers.
Ringfinger07/06/2020 18:09

Thanks guys, will get daughter to try these solutions. As for age on …Thanks guys, will get daughter to try these solutions. As for age on games..I think the rating is for the fact that you kill things (violence). In fact to put a rating on games it's somewhat hypocritical , when toy consider that fortnite is rated 12 yet they sell fortnite toys for young children.

Also sometimes it says updating but it doesn't start the for a quite a while so you might want to leave the xbox running in the background. Also check if no other game is being updated.

As for the age ratings, my three nieces were playing all the Halo games when they were all under ten, they've completed the game multiple times on the hardest difficulty (putting me to shame) and none of them are murderers.
mtsk07/06/2020 15:30

Was gonna say this.... Not old enough to talk to strangers over the …Was gonna say this.... Not old enough to talk to strangers over the internet but old enough to play mature game. ...

Shooting cartoon aliens is safer than speaking to non cartoon peados
ibblackberry107/06/2020 21:41

Shooting cartoon aliens is safer than speaking to non cartoon peados

or simply have a headset without a microphone...
Haircut_10007/06/2020 15:21

Not quite the game that I'd have expected a 6 year old to be playing, I'm …Not quite the game that I'd have expected a 6 year old to be playing, I'm sure it was rated 15. But anyway as was said above have a look at the storage on the console and see if you need to make more space.

Nonsense. When you shoot them, blueberry jam comes out.
Edited by: "ra786" 8th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants