Groups

x box scatched disc

Hi has anyone had a problem with scratched disks on the xbox .My black ops game has a deep score in it i think its a laser burn i have moved it a few times when son wanted to chat with freinds through kinnect so pluged it in for him ive found out after that if its moved while playing it can upset laser so this is a warning to others not to move while disk is playing as could result in same .One black ops down

15 Comments

Quite common on the Xbox 360.

Banned

Only happens if you keep the xbox on it's side & you bump it

Blockbuster have got machines that take scratches out of discs for around £2

Original Poster

how did personel portable cd players ever work i wonder

we use CEX, they apparently use 'industrial' machines, and only charge about £2

Pretty sure it's not a 'laser burn'

If so I'm taking my xbox apart to get rid of next door's cat.....

Banned

It the metal ridge near the laser that scratches the discs
    Another midrange design floor

Someones knocked the xbox over with the game in and xbox on...

I would give activision a ring and tell them what has happened, they may ask you to send a tenner off or something with the game and receipt and they may replace it for you. After all you have paid for the software originally, and just need a replacement disc.

robbieukranger

Only happens if you keep the xbox on it's side & you bump itBlockbuster … Only happens if you keep the xbox on it's side & you bump itBlockbuster have got machines that take scratches out of discs for around £2

This is not going to be just a normal scratch, this is going to be a full on, deep lazer burn

The disc for the want of a better word... IS xxxxxx!
    Edited by moderator: "*swear filter avoidance is a breach of forum rules" 17th Jan 2011

drew910

That, ande portable DVD players etc etc.
    It's a flaw that the Xbox suffers from, that no other console does.

game fixed my sons one for 1.99, in just five min,,

Banned

it's hardly a flaw, you're not meant to move the xbox while playing a game

Banned

jonny619447

This is not going to be just a normal scratch, this is going to be a full … This is not going to be just a normal scratch, this is going to be a full on, deep lazer burnThe disc for the want of a better word... IS xxxxxx!

There is no laser burn!
    The underside of a disc is a protective layer of plastic, that is what has been scratched.
    A disc buffer in CEX or Gamestation or wherever will fix it.
    Edited by moderator: "* swear filter" 17th Jan 2011

dcx_badass

It isn't a laser burn you idiots. Also it's not just the 360, I've seen … It isn't a laser burn you idiots. Also it's not just the 360, I've seen plenty of PCs do this.

Whatever it is, it's not something any other console suffers from. Not sure why the insults, it doesn't make you any more correct.

PC's aren't moved a fraction of what games consoles are.

drew910

basically rather than having a tray, you lock the disc in place directly to the centre spindle (the bit that spins, usually locks in place with some ball bearings. this means the disc has little to no travel when knocked.

this isn't "laser burn".

problem with the 360 is, the disc goes in, then gets sandwiched between a spindle and a magnetic top piece. for a start the magnetic top piece has about 2-3mm travel in the space above it, and the spindle has a bit of travel too... so the console gets knocked and all hell breaks loose!

basically, don't move the 360 while the disc is spinning. not even just to stand it up right. the scratches are deep, worth trying to repair but often fails..

Banned

Bloody laser burn FFS it's not a laser burn!!!!
    It's the metal near the laser that has scratched the disc google it people
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions