is it true and would it work with the xbox
    thanks for all your help
    oh and any recomendations for some cheap games
    hope this is in the right place
    please feel free to move

7 Comments

Banned

Hi,
    you will need a wireless adaptor too for the back of his xbox which will be around £50

You'll need either:

a wireless adapter (for the xbox) and a wireless router (to plug into your modem)

or

a standard router, which the xbox can connect to via Ethernet cable

Before you start spending lots of money, how do you connect to the internet at the moment..

For example do you already have a router (ie a hard wire type) and if so does it have a spare network outlet. If you have a router is it close to where your xbox is or can you easily run a cable from the router to the xbox.

I have my xbox connected to the router via a 20 mtr cable which cost around £5-00.

Original Poster

pavc;2568777

Before you start spending lots of money, how do you connect to the … Before you start spending lots of money, how do you connect to the internet at the moment..For example do you already have a router (ie a hard wire type) and if so does it have a spare network outlet. If you have a router is it close to where your xbox is or can you easily run a cable from the router to the xbox.I have my xbox connected to the router via a 20 mtr cable which cost around £5-00.

blinkin heck im lost already
    in case peeps dont know im very thick at techno stuff
    virgin modem is a motorola and thats as much as i know
    ie it plugs into the back of the computer lol

Original Poster

Pompey-Football;2568692

Hi,you will need a wireless adaptor too for the back of his xbox which … Hi,you will need a wireless adaptor too for the back of his xbox which will be around £50

thankyou

Original Poster

andrew_stoned;2568732

You'll need either:a wireless adapter (for the xbox) and a wireless … You'll need either:a wireless adapter (for the xbox) and a wireless router (to plug into your modem)ora standard router, which the xbox can connect to via Ethernet cable

ethernet does that mean into the back of the computer ( god im thick)

toddy;2568835

blinkin heck im lost alreadyin case peeps dont know im very thick at … blinkin heck im lost alreadyin case peeps dont know im very thick at techno stuffvirgin modem is a motorola and thats as much as i knowie it plugs into the back of the computer lol

Sorry if I confussed you. As you say you have a modem a way to to confirm if it is a modem or a router is does it plug into a USB port on the computer and a good chance is that it will not have any ext power supply (ie not connected to the mains).

Most compters these days also have a network card fitted as standard, if you have the hand book for the computer it shoud show what type of connections you have on the back of the computer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9511
      2. Galaxy Note 8 grey import23
      3. PC Build - Budget £70011
      4. Dreams bed sale.43

See more discussions