Groups

X-Box: XBMC Help......

Does anyone know if I can connect an X-Box to my wireless network via the X-Box's Ethernet Port?

If so what is it I need to buy?

15 Comments

Yes. Mine is connected by a cable though, not wireless. Is it going to be in the same room as your router?

you can do the following

make one of the controller ports into a usb port (many tuts on how to do this online)
    add a wireless usb dongle to the usb port
    voila

or get a wireless bridge and connect it to the xbox using the ethernet port, you can do this with the 360 as well

Original Poster

rehydrated, no its upstairs, so wireless is the only way!

faevilangel, thanks I will have a search on Google for that and give it a go, once the dongle is in is it as easy as networking a PC?

andimccann;3431767

rehydrated, no its upstairs, so wireless is the only way!faevilangel, … rehydrated, no its upstairs, so wireless is the only way!faevilangel, thanks I will have a search on Google for that and give it a go, once the dongle is in is it as easy as networking a PC?

have you softmodded it ? if os, you can use the settings in the new menu's to set the wireless

btw i edited my above post to include a wireless bridge

Ahh, you'll need to put a donk on it - uk.youtube.com/wat…K58 , I mean a dongle! :-D

Original Poster

faevilangel;3431813

have you softmodded it ? if os, you can use the settings in the new … have you softmodded it ? if os, you can use the settings in the new menu's to set the wirelessbtw i edited my above post to include a wireless bridge

It has XBMC loaded on it, so I presume so??! I only just got this from a member on here.

andimccann;3431991

It has XBMC loaded on it, so I presume so??! I only just got this from a … It has XBMC loaded on it, so I presume so??! I only just got this from a member on here.

it will do then, you should be able to go into the menu's and make the xbox viewable on the wireless network

Original Poster

rehydrated;3431917

Ahh, you'll need to put a donk on it - … Ahh, you'll need to put a donk on it - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58 , I mean a dongle! :-D

WTF is that video??!?!

Original Poster

faevilangel;3432020

it will do then, you should be able to go into the menu's and make the … it will do then, you should be able to go into the menu's and make the xbox viewable on the wireless network

Just ordered a USB extension for £1.30 of Flebay, bargain, will give this a go at the weekend! :thumbsup:

Rep for your help!

faevilangel;3432020

it will do then, you should be able to go into the menu's and make the … it will do then, you should be able to go into the menu's and make the xbox viewable on the wireless network

Can you go into more detail, I know you can use a wireless bridge through the ethernet, but I don't think you can use a USB dongle without putting linux on the xbox.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;3435225

Can you go into more detail, I know you can use a wireless bridge through … Can you go into more detail, I know you can use a wireless bridge through the ethernet, but I don't think you can use a USB dongle without putting linux on the xbox.

Have I wasted £1.30?!

andimccann;3435485

Have I wasted £1.30?!

Well you can always use it to play films off a usbpendrive.

I use a wireless game adapter for mine like this one:
    amazon.co.uk/Net…ERI

works just like a wired connection

Original Poster

Pricey bit of kit, more than the X-Box......but I suppose you can get pretty big USB pen drives now, so I can use that to transfer data.

Cheers!

You can get it cheaper on Fleabay and if you want to use XBMC to its full use, then you need it permenantly networked. I use it for, BBC iplayer, ITV catchup, apple movie trailers, movielab and generally streaming films & music from the other machines or network drive.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. word association Game72944190
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
    3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …271934
    4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions