X265 playback on an amazon fire stick

Found 8th Jun 2015
Can anyone recomend a player for x265, they play in kodi but with awful lag, on the pc in kodi they play fine

11 Comments

Is the Fire stick powerful enough to play them?

try this one

mattmerch

try this one

That has very similar specs to the fire stick.

MIDURIX

lot cheaper than a fire stick which ppl seem obsessed with

mattmerch

lot cheaper than a fire stick which ppl seem obsessed with

That one is $32 and the fire stick has been as low as £14, normally £25, so hardly expensive.

If the chip doesn't support hardware accelerated H.265 then the CPU will have to do the decoding. H.265 is very intensive for a low power chip like what's in the Fire Stick and the amlogic devices. Good news is that the S805 and S812 support H.265 hardware decoding up to a certain resolution/FPS, etc.

mattmerch

i dont have a time machine so i cant get the fire stick for £14 and … i dont have a time machine so i cant get the fire stick for £14 and you can get that stick for £20 with a voucher sorry for trying to help the original poster

You don't have a time machine and I can't read your mind for vouchers. Haha. Trying to help also, no point buying a device which is nearly the same ie no more ram.

Original Poster

Will have to look into buying myself a new stick thanks for the answers

MIDURIX

Except it actually works. The sooner people stop buying FireTV sticks the better, hardware isn't great for £35, can get better for not far off half that, and it can't even load android devices without messing around.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 9th Jun 2015

dcx_badass

Except it actually works. The sooner people stop buying FireTV sticks the … Except it actually works. The sooner people stop buying FireTV sticks the better, hardware isn't great for £35, can get better for not far off half that, and it can't even load android devices without messing around.

It's £35. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things. As long as I can stream all the HD content I like for free via Kodi I'm happy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants