x360 E73 Error

*******, have been having a great day, came home, chiled out a bit went to turn on the ol' xbox and BANG E73 error.

What are my options from here people in the know? (its of of the 12 month warranty)

24 Comments

How old is the console?

Original Poster

MFR Date: 28-08-07
its a HDMI model

Ring consumer direct in the morning, you may still have some rights. I got an 18 month old console changed by the store I bought it from due to advice given by them.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;6990535

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

It was bought it a year and a half ago from ebay:/

Jetpac;6990594

It was bought it a year and a half ago from ebay:/

Is it registered to you?

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;6990624

Is it registered to you?

Yep just did it as i was on the xbox repair site looking for info

try registering it online, then if it lets you call them on 0800 587 1102. Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00

wel you are within the 3 years, so M$ should get it fied for free

Original Poster

Snare;6990656

wel you are within the 3 years, so M$ should get it fied for free

thought that was only 3 red lights and the e74 error?

Jetpac;6990671

thought that was only 3 red lights and the e74 error?

yep it is, most people just force the rrod to get ms to fix it within 3 years :thumbsup:

Some sites are claiming e73 is a ethernet port problem? Ring consumer direct in the morning, you may still be covered believe it or not. I was talking to them about my washing machine the other day they told me I had some sort of cover for 6 years.

leemole101;6990709

yep it is, most people just force the rrod to get ms to fix it within 3 … yep it is, most people just force the rrod to get ms to fix it within 3 years :thumbsup:

+1

Wrap a towel around the console, Switch on and wait for the RROD.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;6990743

Some sites are claiming e73 is a ethernet port problem? Ring consumer … Some sites are claiming e73 is a ethernet port problem? Ring consumer direct in the morning, you may still be covered believe it or not. I was talking to them about my washing machine the other day they told me I had some sort of cover for 6 years.

isnt that buying it from a store though?

Im seeing videos on youtube of people jamming the fans and overheating it, do you reckon its worth a go?

Jetpac;6990825

isnt that buying it from a store though?Im seeing videos on youtube of … isnt that buying it from a store though?Im seeing videos on youtube of people jamming the fans and overheating it, do you reckon its worth a go?

Perhaps, but you got nothing to lose by giving them a ring. It's up to you if you wanna force a RROD or attempt to.

just wrap a few towels round it nice and tight and over all the air intakes then let it run for an hour check, let it cool and repeat. it will break in no time

Original Poster

leemole101;6990873

just wrap a few towels round it nice and tight and over all the air … just wrap a few towels round it nice and tight and over all the air intakes then let it run for an hour check, let it cool and repeat. it will break in no time

Ok its wrappen nice and tight in 3 doubled up towels, how long do i leave it on for?

leemole101;6990873

just wrap a few towels round it nice and tight and over all the air … just wrap a few towels round it nice and tight and over all the air intakes then let it run for an hour check, let it cool and repeat. it will break in no time

Does it not just shut it's self down like a PC would?

Jetpac;6991011

Ok its wrappen nice and tight in 3 doubled up towels, how long do i leave … Ok its wrappen nice and tight in 3 doubled up towels, how long do i leave it on for?

Before it catches fire you mean? :whistling:

do it for an half an hour or so and keep checking, just make sure you are in the same room as it and keep a good eye on it . DO NOT LEAVE IT UNATTENDED !!!!

leemole101;6991059

DO NOT LEAVE IT UNATTENDED !!!!

+ loads

it may take a few attempts and let it cool between goes, this will warp the motherboard so the heatsink doesnt sit flat and will rrod constantly

Original Poster

ooooooooookie turned it off, let it cool, turned it on again and no error!

so overheating it has appeared to have worked in repair rather than destruction for now!

well if you have plenty of warrenty keep playing on it till it does it errors again. or keep doing the towel till it caves in
it may have resoldered what ever was causing your problem
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    2. What an absolute disgrace2150
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846084

See more discussions