Groups

X360 media sharing

This is how my computers are networked together
    img.photobucket.com/alb…jpg

What I'm trying to do is be able to send media to my 360, WMP11 can find my 360 but my 360 can't find my PC and I haven't got a clue where I am going wrong.

I'd prefer to leave my 360 plugged in to my netgear.

my minds fried and can't think how to explain what i'm after:thinking:

13 Comments

Do you have any other sharing applications installed such windows media connect ? If you do they can causes clashes, so delete windows media connect then retry

Original Poster

nope, says on xbox pc selected failed

When networking PC's you have to make sure you have a Network name (eg House) and each Computer has to have a different name (eg Kitchen / bedroom)

My 360 isnt networked, but is there an option on the 360 to give it a name?

don't you need windows media connect installed in order to do this? or am i missing something.

Original Poster

WMP11 has the capabilities of WMC so don't believe its needed

markwills

don't you need windows media connect installed in order to do this? or am … don't you need windows media connect installed in order to do this? or am i missing something.

Does your PC have windows media centre installed?

If not I dont think it will work. See here for more details

microsoft.com/win…spx

This is my next project once I've managed to get my wireless home network up and running - at the moment not very successfully :oops:

Original Poster

dunno if i have to open firewall ports on my netgear n how to do it

You need Win Media Center to stream stuff to your 360.......

While we're on the subject I'm curious to know why my 360 fails to assign an IP address automatically and will not connect to one If I try to set one up manually with access rights on the router.

I merrily used XBox live for three years living at my Dad's yet my Gold subscription has now not even been used since last Feb!

I recently took my 360 into work and plugged it into the network to test it there and again it was fine:?

Three of us in the house have 360s and none of us have got them going...

I run my 360 with vista and that works without any additional configuration, I love it!

Using WMP11 you can only stream WMV files, though Media Centre you can stream neraly everything using transcode.

fwibble

dunno if i have to open firewall ports on my netgear n how to do it

goto [url]www.portforward.com[/url]

that will give you a step by step guide on how to open up ports :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764364
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32174
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846231
      4. The State on Ch411

See more discussions