Groups
    EXPIRED

XBMC AGAIN! HELP NEEDED

Hi, i have the XBOX media centre, now what can i do with it?

2) How can i get it to be hd ready, ie is there a component pack available?
    3) Can i network my pc to the XBOX and can i copy films from the pc to the xbox hard drive and vice versa?

4) im stuck can someone help?!

25 Comments

I bought my component cable off ebay getting harder to find, get a genuine one the multi use ones are dreadful, and I sold it again on ebay....can't help with the rest I am afraid.

Original Poster

SO is it hd ready now?

Original Poster

170195991047 is that what i should be looking at ps what colour is component for the original xbox 1

Original Poster

netpcdirect.co.uk/xb_…e=2 is this ok?>
    ps can the xbox output 5.1 ? and if so how can i do so?
    i only have 1 optical on the pioneer xbox 360 system

I cannot access from work, from memory the US xbox's and UK xboxs were different, however, it was my understanding that Media Centre changed it on UK xboxes. With regards to component blue, green and red cables with seperate speaker cables either digital for 5.1 or simple stereo jacks red and white.

roadie;1619207

http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/xb_comp_cable.php?ri_page=2 is this ok?ps … http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/xb_comp_cable.php?ri_page=2 is this ok?>ps can the xbox output 5.1 ? and if so how can i do so?i only have 1 optical on the pioneer xbox 360 system

Thats the jobbie, covers your component picture output and stereo, use the optical output from your xbox for 5.1 sound.

Shengis;1619302

This is probably what you want : … This is probably what you want : http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=high-def-xbox-component-optical-av-cable

only problem with that is you will still need to buy component cables on top, where as OP's original find is all in one, less connections to lose quality through.:thumbsup:

Agent_Silver;1619315

only problem with that is you will still need to buy component cables on … only problem with that is you will still need to buy component cables on top, where as OP's original find is all in one, less connections to lose quality through.:thumbsup:

But he wants 5.1, so mine is better as the one from netdirect hasn't got 5.1

true, however, an optical cable is cheaper than a component cable...I freely admit I could be talking rs!

Agent_Silver;1619365

true, however, an optical cable is cheaper than a component cable...I … true, however, an optical cable is cheaper than a component cable...I freely admit I could be talking rs!

But what would you plug the optical cable into? That's the problem. I dare say with a bit of searching you can find an all in one as i've got the S-Vid version with 5.1 converter built into the lead. Somebody must sell the component equivalent:thinking:

from memory my xbox had a digital out for 5.1, therefore the component cable will supply the picture and the audio cable the sound, also means they can be routed seperately if the audio receiver is in a different place.....anyway shutting up now.....
    shengis...you see that make up wearing pirate....that's you that is!

Agent_Silver;1619420

shengis...you see that make up wearing pirate....that's you that is!

Yeah I know :lol:

By the way...

roadie;1619157

170195991047 is that what i should be looking at ps what colour is … 170195991047 is that what i should be looking at ps what colour is component for the original xbox 1

:thumbsup:

That looks to be the cheapest option. There is also this one (costs more though lol) : 130197977374

Original Poster

sorry for the late reply guys will be adding rep for both of u, to clarify
    i may have a svideo one, if i do, how do i get 5.1 sound as IT HAS 1 optical, i also have a xbox 360 and want to use that so whats the best way !

So do you want the xbox and 360 both connected to the TV and 5.1? If you've got the S-Vid lead you just connect it up with an optical cable, unless your surround has co-ax in which case you need an optical to co-ax converter box.

Not quite sure i'm understanding exactly what you hope to achieve. Make a list of exactly what you have there etc and i'll have more to work on:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hi i think im confused myself
    hold up il explain

Original Poster

If you've got the S-Vid lead you just connect it up with an optical cable, unless your surround has co-ax in which case you need an optical to co-ax converter box. (Let me clarify what i have when i have done so i will send some pics how about that?!

Original Poster

What i want to do is Connect my pc to my Tv, and i want surround sound how can i do so?
    2nd: can i connect my xbox 1, if i want to stream tv how so?
    3rd i can conect my xbox 360 system via optical to get 5.1 sound so all
    in all HAVE MY PC, xbox 1 and xbox 360 connected and operate some sort of media centre is that viable/

It all seems over complicated to me tbh. Unless you have a real need to connect your PC to the TV I wouldn't bother. Point 2, streamed from where? If off the net, then again I wouldn't bother due to quality issues, just put your TV shows on the PC and play them via the Xbox using SMB. 3. Not sure where the 360 comes into all this?

roadie...just so I can check with admin did you add rep? not begging just not showing......
    I would say you need to visit the AVforums, seems to me you need the xbox lead that shengis has spoke about, but also perhaps some sort of AV amp to plug all your stuff into with one set of leads to your TV, Yamaha and Pioneer seem favourites.

Original Poster

agent i already added rep for u the other day but added again!!!

Ps i have the advanced scart lead, with a 5.1 lead from cex £££4 is that good?!!!

Original Poster

shengis and agent silver thanks to both of u guys!!

Original Poster

MODS YOu can lock this

roadie;1635570

agent i already added rep for u the other day but added again!!!Ps i have … agent i already added rep for u the other day but added again!!!Ps i have the advanced scart lead, with a 5.1 lead from cex £££4 is that good?!!!

yeah, thats good, and thanks mate.:thumbsup: oh and rep shows this time, didn't last...thanks really appreciated.

Original Poster

no worries!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator23
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553760
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767183

See more discussions