XBMC gurus?

Found 6th Feb 2010
Have just installed xbmc to another xbox i had because the original one seems to be acting all kinds of strange.

Got it all working but am wanting to ftp to it so i can add a couple of skins, doesn't seem to be working though.

PC
IP: 192.168.1.68
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 122.168.1.254

Xbox
IP: 192.168.1.65
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 122.168.1.254

username and password is set as default to xbox still.

It keeps looking like it will connect, then saying '500 syntax error, command unrecognized'

Have tried fireftp and flashfxp, both having the same issues

Pleeeeeeeeaaaasssseee, it's doing my head in!!

1. Misc
  2. XBMC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. XBMC
10 Comments

What happens when you Ping the Xbox IP address from the PC ?

if you try ftp 192.168.1.65 from a command prompt, does it ask for username and password?

Original Poster

0% loss, all

Are PC firewalls off ?

Original Poster

Grrrr, stupid xbox, in the settings it says IP address 192.168.1.65, which is what i changed it to, on the homepage it says IP is 192.168.1.69. Have just tried it with the latter and it works.

Very bizarre!!

sancho1983;7769186

Grrrr, stupid xbox, in the settings it says IP address 192.168.1.65, … Grrrr, stupid xbox, in the settings it says IP address 192.168.1.65, which is what i changed it to, on the homepage it says IP is 192.168.1.69. Have just tried it with the latter and it works.Very bizarre!!

Buy a Acer Revo and get it over with sancho

Did a vid of mine in action with 720p and 1080p :P
youtube.com/wat…DcM

Use CuteFTP (Is what i use) - never had a problem.

Original Poster

Got it sorted, now Aeon works fine for the start menu but when i click on anything (videos, films etc.) it's just black. Rapier doesn't scrape any of the stuff right and displays it in a very weird way, Showmix loads but doesn't have any text on it, anywhere.

So out of the three skins i want none work!!

I used AID4.5 to install xbmc so presumed that would be the latest version, how do i know what version i have as that is the only thing i can think of as to why it's like it

sancho1983;7769343

Got it sorted, now Aeon works fine for the start menu but when i click on … Got it sorted, now Aeon works fine for the start menu but when i click on anything (videos, films etc.) it's just black. Rapier doesn't scrape any of the stuff right and displays it in a very weird way, Showmix loads but doesn't have any text on it, anywhere.So out of the three skins i want none work!!I used AID4.5 to install xbmc so presumed that would be the latest version, how do i know what version i have as that is the only thing i can think of as to why it's like it

Give up on Aeon, original XBOX can't handle it well without some major tweaking.. Even then it's not worth it. It's an incredible heavy skin, even the xbox friendly versions are to heavy.

Rapier will, run the GUI is 720p and video in 480p.. Otherwise ya pushing the cache..

Try stuff like converting fanart to dds to format to improve speed etc... Remember how old the xbox 1 is..

Original Poster

Am just downloadin the latest t3ch version, what's the best way to replace the one i have just installed

I like rapier, it just doesn't seem to look right, text on top of text and stuff. Also seems to be random with what info it scrapes and what it doesn't

Original Poster

ok, new problem!

I can't turn library mode on, it's blanked out.

I've set the content of the source (smb network drive) to tv shows, selected the scraper. It says downloading information, then pretty quickly compressing database. Nothing appears and library mode is blanked out

Any ideas?

I have installed the windows version to my laptop and it works a dream, just not on the xbox
Post a comment
@
    Text