Groups

XBMC on original XBox: Stupid Question

When I switch on the xbox, it boots to it's normal screen. How do I get it to boot to XBMC. I know it does because i've used it before! Just the once mind, and now I can't remember! I'm sure you power on using the eject switch or something??

14 Comments

Original Poster

it has MAMEoX and MenuX installed on the hard drive, but finding it through 'memory' on the dashboard only gives me the option to delete

i havent tried this even thought i have modded 5 consoles :lol:

isnt there an option in the softmod menu or in the xmbc settings ?

Original Poster

When I boot, it goes straight to the official xbox menu...I'm sure the guy I got it from did a button press and it booted straight to the other menu

bazzaric;3313864

When I boot, it goes straight to the official xbox menu...I'm sure the … When I boot, it goes straight to the official xbox menu...I'm sure the guy I got it from did a button press and it booted straight to the other menu

just tried a quick google and got nothing, im guessing it would be in xmbc settings ......

edit : avforums.com/for…tml

Original Poster

How do I get to the XBMC settings though?

You need to set it up when doing the actual softmod. I set them up to boot to xbmc by default.

What happens when you turn it on with the eject button?

Press the on (small) button. I'm guessing you're starting it up with the eject button?

or start it up with a divx dvd in the drive, it'll default to XBMC then

Original Poster

teambintip;3313916

or start it up with a divx dvd in the drive, it'll default to XBMC then

Will try that, thanks

Original Poster

Shengis;3313913

Press the on (small) button. I'm guessing you're starting it up with the … Press the on (small) button. I'm guessing you're starting it up with the eject button?

I've tried both buttons, but nothing...i'm sure he pressed one then the other quickly?!

bazzaric;3313937

I've tried both buttons, but nothing...i'm sure he pressed one then the … I've tried both buttons, but nothing...i'm sure he pressed one then the other quickly?!

I reckon it needs remoddding. On dual boot pressing the eject button starts MS Dash and power button (with the tray closed) should start the modded dash.

Original Poster

right, booted fine to XBMC with a DivX in the drive... suppose I will just leave it in there!

I think you either press and hold in the power button, or power on while the disk drawer is out

Not sure if you'll understand this or not (no offense) but you can set XBMC to be the default dash by creating a 'shortcut'

Basically you make a file and give the location of XBMC's application (sorta like an EXE for Windows) (usually E:\Apps\XBMC\xbmc.xbe) and then upload it along with the shortcut tool.

xbmc.org/wik…ard

Option 1 is what I am talking about, it's also the easiest.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944486
      2. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'31449
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1316
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047110

See more discussions