Groups

XBMC remote

Hi Guys,

Hubby and i finally got our ACER revo and installed XBMC over the weekend. We are having a little difficulty tracking down a mircosoft media centre remote control and just wondered if anybody knew of any alternative ones that worked? looking on ebay I can see HP, cyberlink etc just dont want to order ome that is not compatible.

I was also reading that you could possibly programme a PS3 bluray remote?!?!?

11 Comments

I'm sure this one should work:

pcdirectuk.co.uk/pro…227

If you search google or ebay for 'mce remote' you get a few come up.

The above looks the same as I have and it works with most (if not all) media centre software I have tried, but not used it for quite a while.

I've got the Cyberlink one, took a while to get working but it all works now.

Can offer help if you get it if you want

Original Poster

Hi sancho1983, Do you have a model number as I would want to make sure i would be getting the right one!

When you say took a while, i take it that it wasnt an easy plug and play process!

Do you have an iphone or ipod touch? Some really good XBMC remotes on the app store.

Original Poster

Richierea;8346388

I'm sure this one should … I'm sure this one should work:http://pcdirectuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=227If you search google or ebay for 'mce remote' you get a few come up.The above looks the same as I have and it works with most (if not all) media centre software I have tried, but not used it for quite a while.

Hi richirea;8346388, I came across the same one on google shopping but adding it to your basket says its out of stock, but thanks anyway.

Original Poster

Looking to get an iphone, but saving pennys at the moment lol, I am hoping to find a cheap remote in the mean time.

I'm using ]this but am using windows version of XBMC so not sure if it will work ok on linux based XBMC if thats what your using.

Banned

mr.potato_head;8346447

Do you have an iphone or ipod touch? Some really good XBMC remotes on the … Do you have an iphone or ipod touch? Some really good XBMC remotes on the app store.

Look at you, as if you know what XBMC is...

Original Poster

I am using the linus version, should have mentioned sorry.

Banned

princesspeanut;8346588

I am using the linus version, should have mentioned sorry.

The Linus Torvalds version eh, very precise of you :-D

princesspeanut;8346438

Hi sancho1983, Do you have a model number as I would want to make sure i … Hi sancho1983, Do you have a model number as I would want to make sure i would be getting the right one!When you say took a while, i take it that it wasnt an easy plug and play process!

It was one on ebay, will hunt out the item no. later

It wasn't plug and play, no, took me a week or two to get it working, although i know what i was doing wrong now!! so don't think it would be too tricky, there's a few guides about for it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD38
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …57
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?35
      4. CEX return/exchange at different store22

See more discussions