Groups

Xbox 360 120GB HDD?

Are these still available? Or is it worth seeing where things go when the "Super Elite" Is released, I still have the 20GB model and after copying a few games to the HDD i literally have MBs to spare...

5 Comments

Buy one second hand from CeX or take your chances with eBay (lots of non-genuine drives floating about though*).

Alternatively pay more for a brand new drive; buy the starter kit (60GB) or wait to see if Microsoft release a 250GB accessory.

Last but not least, buy a 120GB+ WD 2.5" drive and mod it - cheaper but more hassle (*).

Up to you.

I bought one of the 120GB hard drives a few weeks ago off eBay from a Hong Kong-based seller. It's working fine & only cost £44.99. I bought it from there as CEX had bumped up the price of their 2nd hand HDDs after the deal was put on here.

The reason for my purchase was the same as yours... running out of space on my 20GB HDD with 1 game installed, a few arcade games and a couple of demos. With 2-disc games & 3 Race Pro addons that are over 1GB in size I thought I might as well get a bigger HDD.

im on the lookout for one too
    88 in argos trying my luck on ebay now too

Original Poster

abomination;6403096

Buy one second hand from CeX or take your chances with eBay (lots of … Buy one second hand from CeX or take your chances with eBay (lots of non-genuine drives floating about though*).Alternatively pay more for a brand new drive; buy the starter kit (60GB) or wait to see if Microsoft release a 250GB accessory.Last but not least, buy a 120GB+ WD 2.5" drive and mod it - cheaper but more hassle (*).Up to you.

Quite fancy modding one! Im a good one for a project! Having a google about now! Thanks rep added to all

About the Western Digi mod have you done this yourself?

Second hand 120gb ones go for about £50 on AVforums etc. Better than ebay or CEX imo.

I doubt the 250gb one will be available for a good while separately but once that COD special edition comes out you might well be able to clone the sectors for a cheap "ghetto upgrade" like they do now for the 120gb.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627

See more discussions