xbox 360 3 red light question

13 replies
Found 3rd Jun 2009
my xbox 360 is suffering the 3 red light

could it be because my dvd rom wont eject or is it because its over heating?

i cant send it back to microsoft because the warrenty seal is now broken

13 Comments

Neither - it's an inherent fault with the earlier 360s which affects about 1 in 3 consoles.

Your best option is to sell as faulty and put the money towards a newer 360 console, which has a greatly reduced failure rate.

can you not buy a seal off ebay then send it back?

try Microsoft anyway have been known to do them with warranty sticker missing
the worst that will happen is its sent back not fixed

Original Poster

djnaff;5390741

try Microsoft anyway have been known to do them with warranty sticker … try Microsoft anyway have been known to do them with warranty sticker missingthe worst that will happen is its sent back not fixed

will they not charge me for shipping it back if they find out its been tampered with.

i bought it 2nd hand and i dont mind fixing it as ive seen the tutorials and looks a ****

i just wanted to know if the dvd rom is not working will that cause the 3 red light as that may be the problem only

then no point doing the xclamp trick

fwibble;5390737

can you not buy a seal off ebay then send it back?

That would constitute warranty fraud and should definitely not be suggested in a public forum!

djnaff;5390741

try Microsoft anyway have been known to do them with warranty sticker … try Microsoft anyway have been known to do them with warranty sticker missingthe worst that will happen is its sent back not fixed

Very true, you've nothing to lose. They'll either fix it or they won't. Either way it'll cost you nothing to find out.

as djnaff has said, send back. They either send back unfixed with letter saying tampered or fix.

If it comes back unfixed, you can try fixes.

Original Poster

they wont fix it if there is no warranty sticker it as simple

It's broke... what have you got to lose and they will...should have no credit card details belonging to you to charge you anyways.

Or just bin it sell for spares as suggested. or treat as test subject.

I would love a 3 red ring machine. Been trying to get 1 to 3 red ring for over 1 week best I can get is 2 and then it keeps on working.

Original Poster

has anybody had any similer issues

Original Poster

dontasciime;5390820

It's broke... what have you got to lose and they will...should have no … It's broke... what have you got to lose and they will...should have no credit card details belonging to you to charge you anyways.Or just bin it sell for spares as suggested. or treat as test subject.I would love a 3 red ring machine. Been trying to get 1 to 3 red ring for over 1 week best I can get is 2 and then it keeps on working.

why dont u try fleabay loads 3 lights box for sale

khalifazed;5390856

why dont u try fleabay loads 3 lights box for sale

I'm not paying for one Lmao

have you tried changing the power supply?i've seen afew things suggesting that that was the problem,when power supply was changed all good again, probably not the problem but worth a try,:roll:

Original Poster

lukekey;5391496

have you tried changing the power supply?i've seen afew things suggesting … have you tried changing the power supply?i've seen afew things suggesting that that was the problem,when power supply was changed all good again, probably not the problem but worth a try,:roll:

tried that aswell no luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions