Found 19th May 2007
Looking for an Xbox for a 9yr old. Online gaming not required. Not sure whether or not to go for the Core or Premium system and if there are any good deals around.

Thanks for your help

20 Comments

Welcome to HUKD gnm

Boots have XBOX 360 Core for £150 delivered (link below)

750 extra Boots points with code TJAE43 + Go via Quidco for 3.5% cashback.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
]http//ww…ore

If online gaming is not required then the core system will more than suit your needs as the extras that come with the premium are more for online gaming i.e. hard drive and headset etc...

NFS

If online gaming is not required then the core system will more than suit … If online gaming is not required then the core system will more than suit your needs as the extras that come with the premium are more for online gaming i.e. hard drive and headset etc...

Thats such bull --- you dont need a hard drive to play online and i have a headset and barely use it becos the ppl who talk are nobheads

[QUOTE=gnm]Looking for an Xbox for a 9yr old. Online gaming not required. Not sure whether or not to go for the Core or Premium system and if there are any good deals around.

Thanks for your help[/QUOTE

Is it a swap? :w00t: :w00t:

dandoc2

Thats such bull --- you dont need a hard drive to play online and i have … Thats such bull --- you dont need a hard drive to play online and i have a headset and barely use it becos the ppl who talk are nobheads

Read his post he said "The premium is more for online gaming"

Which is true as to download demos/big updates etc you need a HDD.

Iom-RF

download demos/big updates etc you need a HDD.

Whats that got to do with "online gaming"? Nothing at all. You don't need the HDD to play online (online gaming), but you cannot download the majority of the online content without a HDD. There is a difference.

since microsoft have started banning 360s with flashed bios theyve taken a massive dive in price on fleabay....saw a flashed one go for less than 80 quid earlier!

whats fleabay?

as i be interested in a banned xbox 360

fl[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]e[/COLOR][/SIZE]a[COLOR="red"][SIZE="5"]bay[/SIZE][/COLOR]

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Just thought i should add (should have thought about it before!)

You also need the HDD to play original xbox games.

And some Xbox 360 games.

Iom-RF

Just thought i should add (should have thought about it before!)You also … Just thought i should add (should have thought about it before!)You also need the HDD to play original xbox games.

Yes but there are NO games worth playing - if you wanted to play xbox games buy an xbox --hard drive is not a necessity if your just playing online

I have a core and started off using a mem card the only reason i upgraded to a hard drive is that i sold my old xbox and has pro evo 5 left over and due to wanting to play a footie game i bought the hard drive to play pro 5

Yes ive got vids and demos on my 360 but unless they are really decent i delete them after playing

Rainbow Dave

And some Xbox 360 games.

Football manager which is rubbish

dandoc2

What is wrong with you, why are you so abrasive?

gnm

Not sure whether or not to go for the Core or Premium system and if there … Not sure whether or not to go for the Core or Premium system and if there are any good deals around.

As edi says you can get good deals from boots, especialy if you use the points (I use them to buy my lunch occassionally). Personally, I would go for the core if you want to spend the least amount. However buying the Premium Pack + 2 Controllers + PGR is good value at a lot of places online.
You can also try Toys'r'us instore to see if they have any good deals (online is usually out of stock).

dandoc2

That maybe true, but did that need posting? What was the point?:?

Go for the Core, its a great buy at £150

2nd hand 360s off eBay might be worth a look at too. Microsoft just banned loads of them from Live so you could get one dirt cheap, theres no real disadvantage if you don't want to play online!

Dandoc 2 what was the point of your post? please explain

Anyhoo, core would be your best bet, you get everything you need to start gaming offline, so you should be sorted. :thumbsup:

Rainbow Dave

That maybe true, but did that need posting? What was the point?:?

They were saying a hard drive is better for online gaming and then they said oh yeh you can paly xbox games on it and needed to play certain 360 games and i said the only one needed for that is footie manager which is rubbish anyway

dandoc2

Thats such bull --- you dont need a hard drive to play online and i have … Thats such bull --- you dont need a hard drive to play online and i have a headset and barely use it becos the ppl who talk are nobheads

Majority of people that use xbox live will download the free demo's etc which can only be downloaded onto the hard drive due to the size, think it's a bit unfair to say everyone that uses the headset are nobheads

I was only posting my opinion for the Op
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422866
    3. Add one, leave one game54415439
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…48

See more discussions