Groups
    EXPIRED

Xbox 360

Santa bought a pre-owned xbox 360 4gb for my 7 year old son for xmas from Game (£64.99) and within 2 weeks it had the 'ring of death'. I sent it back to be fixed and they said they would send me another one which arrived yeaterday. After 20 mins of play....it froze!! And now has 3/4 of the ring in red lights!! My son is devastated and I am fuming!

Will obviously try and get a refund now and will have to buy him a new one (not pre-owned).
    Does anyone know of any deals at mo....he won't sae movies and music etc on it so just a cheap one but does have to be new. Found a 4gb for £145 at lockbuster or £155 at Tesco with game.....is that gonna be the cheapest I'm gona get do u know??

Would be sooo grateful xx

35 Comments

Should be in deal requests.

Are you looking for a slim, elite, or arcade(the white one)?

The one you got from Game I'm guessing is the old white one... completely useless piece of kit.
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 28th Jan 2011

Hi Hannah, long time no talk http://www.mickeyray.com/emoticons/emoticon-wave-goodbye_01.GIF

Banned

Sorry to hear about the xbox.

How are you keeping Hannah? x x

Original Poster

jonny619447

Should be in deal requests. Are you looking for a slim, elite, or … Should be in deal requests. Are you looking for a slim, elite, or arcade(the white one)?The one you got from Game I'm guessing is the old white one... completely useless piece of kit.

Yh, thanks for that. I'm just after the cheapest tbh, he's only 7!

Original Poster

darren9030

Hi Hannah, long time no talk

DLM

Sorry to hear about the xbox.How are you keeping Hannah? x x

Hey guys, yh been a while....been so busy lately...not sure what doing tho lol
    I'm good ta, hows u 2??

4gb do you mean a 20gb?

They are covered under a 12 month warranty with game.

If it's not that old register it with Microsoft and get a new replacement. Less likely to die.

If you have £220 then you can go for this.

hotukdeals.com/dea…737

You can sell the kinect sensor for around £100-£110
    Sell the game for £10

And you have a brand new slim for around £100.

Edited by: "jonny619447" 28th Jan 2011

darren9030

DLM

All good here thanks H x

Original Poster

Adam2050

4gb do you mean a 20gb?They are covered under a 12 month warranty with … 4gb do you mean a 20gb?They are covered under a 12 month warranty with game.If it's not that old register it with Microsoft and get a new replacement. Less likely to die.

Pretty sure it's a 4gb??
    It was preowned so not sure how old but was cheap so probably OLD. Game sent a replacement and that's died too!! Don't wanna risk a preowned again tbh! Will get my money back I'm sure but really wanna go and pick a new one up from somewhere now so it's here when he gets in from school. Dunno where's the cheapest tho

Original Poster

jonny619447

If you have £220 then you can go for this. … If you have £220 then you can go for this. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-360-console-4gb-hard-drive-with-kinect-sensor-kinect-adventures-free-game-a/859737You can sell the kinect sensor for around £100-£110Sell the game for £10And you have a brand new slim for around £100.

That sounds like a good idea, thanks...will have a think x

Original Poster

darren9030

All good here thanks H x

Miss the old days xx

Banned

darren9030

DLM

I am fine, I start work on sunday

Banned

hannah19790

Miss the old days xx

It's quite brutal in here now x x

Original Poster

I am fine, I start work on sunday [/quote]

Really? Do u? Fantastic...doing what hun?

hannah19790

Pretty sure it's a 4gb??It was preowned so not sure how old but was cheap … Pretty sure it's a 4gb??It was preowned so not sure how old but was cheap so probably OLD. Game sent a replacement and that's died too!! Don't wanna risk a preowned again tbh! Will get my money back I'm sure but really wanna go and pick a new one up from somewhere now so it's here when he gets in from school. Dunno where's the cheapest tho

Still get a free one, have pmed you.

Original Poster

DLM

It's quite brutal in here now x x

Yh, noticed.....shame!

Original Poster

Adam2050

Still get a free one, have pmed you.

Thanks hun.....replied x

The problem with the traded in consols is that some people trade their faulty xboxs in after they have done temporary fix. They know that it only needs to pass a quick test by Game and they've got their money......

If you were thinking of spending £155 on the Tesco one then the Zavvi one for £179 is better value..
    hotukdeals.com/dea…192

I know its extra money though.......

If you are after a cheap one how about a 2nd hand one from someone reliable on here?

EDIT - Sorry Hannah - didn't realise you wanted one instore....

Edited by: "gari189" 28th Jan 2011

Banned

hannah19790

I am fine, I start work on sunday

Really? Do u? Fantastic...doing what hun?[/quote]

Going back to retail part-time, I am thinking of studying also because I would love to have my own business.

Nice to see you about x x

Blockbusters are supposed to be doing new 4gb for £140 plus you get 1 months free games rental (and a voucher booklet but thats not supposed to be great)
    blockbuster.co.uk/bbs…spx
    Not sure why they're charging you £5 extra...

Original Poster

gari - hey hun, thanks for info, did see that Zavvi one and am wondering but I he will onl be using it for playing games (no films/photo's etc) do u still think he might need it?
    Just phoned my local Blockbusters up and they have one in stock for £144.99 inc 1 month gaming voucher and £46 voucher too which sounds better than anywhere else so thanks, gonna prob do that as I can get it tonight. You're a star x

Original Poster

DLM

Really? Do u? Fantastic...doing what hun?

Going back to retail part-time, I am thinking of studying also because I would love to have my own business.

Aww well good luck with that hun x
    Nice to see you about x x[/quote]

Banned

hannah19790

gari - hey hun, thanks for info, did see that Zavvi one and am wondering … gari - hey hun, thanks for info, did see that Zavvi one and am wondering but I he will onl be using it for playing games (no films/photo's etc) do u still think he might need it?Just phoned my local Blockbusters up and they have one in stock for £144.99 inc 1 month gaming voucher and £46 voucher too which sounds better than anywhere else so thanks, gonna prob do that as I can get it tonight. You're a star x

If you need money off Zavvi, I have 20% off not sure what it works on though but you could try it x x

If you're going with the Blockbuster one I would ask them why they are advertising their shop price as £139 on their website.....you never know they might have got the price wrong.
    http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/bbimages/UK/Glossy/Stores/December10/Games/XboxOffer-1.jpg

Original Poster

just went and bought 1 in blockbusters and paid £145! Left b4 i saw this. Will gite em a ring tho. Thanx hun x x

Original Poster

I can't find that advert anywhere gari.....can u point me in the right direction please xx

Original Poster

DLM

If you need money off Zavvi, I have 20% off not sure what it works on … If you need money off Zavvi, I have 20% off not sure what it works on though but you could try it x x

Aww thanks hun, have sorted now but thanks for offer xx

hannah19790

I can't find that advert anywhere gari.....can u point me in the right … I can't find that advert anywhere gari.....can u point me in the right direction please xx

Hi Hannah
    follow this link and its half-way down the page......
    blockbuster.co.uk/bbs…spx

Original Poster

That's great, thanks hun, will give em a ring.....they may give me a £5 dredit for games or something I spose

hannah19790

That's great, thanks hun, will give em a ring.....they may give me a £5 … That's great, thanks hun, will give em a ring.....they may give me a £5 dredit for games or something I spose

Definitely worth asking - and if the branch still say no, I would complain to head office. Take a screen grab whilst you can .......

Bet your boy is a very happy lad this evening.....

Original Poster

gari189

Definitely worth asking - and if the branch still say no, I would … Definitely worth asking - and if the branch still say no, I would complain to head office. Take a screen grab whilst you can .......Bet your boy is a very happy lad this evening.....

He's well chuffed, bless him, worth every penny to see his face when he saw it
    Have phoned BB and they're sorting it for me so there's another bonus.I know it's only a fiver but hey, it's my fiver, not theirs! lol

Thanks for all your help hun and to everyone else who helped.....was beginning to forget how good this old place was! haha xx
    Edited by: "hannah19790" 28th Jan 2011

Banned

arcade console and sega superstar tennis game £119.99 at game

hannah19790

Have phoned BB and they're sorting it for me so there's another bonus.I … Have phoned BB and they're sorting it for me so there's another bonus.I know it's only a fiver but hey, it's my fiver, not theirs!

Good news
    I recommend the Cars game and the Lego Star Wars and Indiana games - my kids loved them and you should be able to pick them up cheap 2nd hand on Ebay or even blockbuster (they do 4 games for £20)

Original Poster

gaz1811

arcade console and sega superstar tennis game £119.99 at game

Thanks hun, but bought the 4gb now. xx

Original Poster

gari189

Good news :)I recommend the Cars game and the Lego Star Wars and Indiana … Good news :)I recommend the Cars game and the Lego Star Wars and Indiana games - my kids loved them and you should be able to pick them up cheap 2nd hand on Ebay or even blockbuster (they do 4 games for £20)

Typically, I left his 'cars' game in the xbox when I took it back so am waiting to hear back from them at mo. He does have an indiana and loves it so may get the second one (he got some xmas money and a £10 voucher from Game when I complained) and has Star Wars on PSP and the Wii I think.....would u say it would still be worth getting?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1436
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114441
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767105
      4. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1021

See more discussions