Found 13th May 2009
Found a person in my area to flash my 360, done it same day all fine, but when i got it back power brick dont fit !!! so i call guy hes like oh yes i change a power thiny so u dont get a e71 error or other dont remember. okey so he come back with other power brick connected and all working fine. My consern is that he took my 360 and put oher just change shell!
Or maybe i wrong this is best way to do it ??? I have a benq drive and all u do just flash drive and play easy
What u think
thx

55 Comments

Did you not note the serial number down?

That about fitting something to prevent e71 errors is complete b%llocks

Original Poster

teambintip;5201277

Did you not note the serial number down?That about fitting something to … Did you not note the serial number down?That about fitting something to prevent e71 errors is complete b%llocks

yes serial is fine
but as i think u can just change shell ??? and serial are on shell
he seems nice wery helpfull come back in 15min with new power brick

Original Poster

this one is 203w i had 175w
maybe this one is better ?

Jeffry24;5201294

yes serial is fine but as i think u can just change shell ??? and serial … yes serial is fine but as i think u can just change shell ??? and serial are on shell

I know they are

203w is old, 175w is new

Sloth/Mod

Jeffry24;5201295

this one is 203w i had 175wmaybe this one is better ?

The lower the better........so 175w is better. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

teambintip;5201297

I know they are203w is old, 175w is new

so what should i do
all working fine, he burn me some games too all fine ???

What you should do is learn just how easy it is to do your own modding

How much did you pay him?

Original Poster

so if its my 360 should have all profiles etc or they can be transered easy ???

i dont have a pc so it impossible for my to flash

Profile is on the hdd/memory card so isn't affected

Is it a hdmi model yes? whats the manufacturing date?

Sounds like he's swapped your insides (brand-new) for his (old)

Sloth/Mod

Your profiles are stored on the HDD not the 360 itself.

Sounds like you no longer have a falcon mobo but now have a zephyr which is way more prone to the 3RROD,

You should have flashed it yourself.
Its v.easy even for a n00b!

Original Poster

teambintip;5201350

Profile is on the hdd/memory card so isn't affectedIs it a hdmi model yes?

yes hdmi, same as before just power brick, i check drive same benq drive
he said he been doing it for a while and had a problem before with this errors etc so he asked some people and they said that if u change power thiny it will be fine ???

Syzable;5201355

Your profiles are stored on the HDD not the 360 itself.

Depends on what model you have now.

Original Poster

amzmalhotra;5201360

Sounds like you no longer have a falcon mobo but now have a zephyr which … Sounds like you no longer have a falcon mobo but now have a zephyr which is way more prone to the 3RROD,You should have flashed it yourself.Its v.easy even for a n00b!

i dont have a pc so cant flash my self :(((

Jeffry24;5201371

he said he been doing it for a while and had a problem before with this … he said he been doing it for a while and had a problem before with this errors etc so he asked some people and they said that if u change power thiny it will be fine ???

Thats completely made-up

Original Poster

so u all think that he got my 360 and give me something else !!!!
Why what he would have from it ???

Sloth/Mod

Jeffry24;5201397

so u all think that he got my 360 and give me something else !!!!Why what … so u all think that he got my 360 and give me something else !!!!Why what he would have from it ???

Yes.

Because he now has a more reliable 360 and you now have one that's more likely to RROD.

amzmalhotra;5201360

Sounds like you no longer have a falcon mobo but now have a zephyr which … Sounds like you no longer have a falcon mobo but now have a zephyr which is way more prone to the 3RROD,You should have flashed it yourself.Its v.easy even for a n00b!

Any sites you can point me to on how to do it?

Jeffry24;5201397

so u all think that he got my 360 and give me something else !!!!Why what … so u all think that he got my 360 and give me something else !!!!Why what he would have from it ???

The newest revision of the motherboard is the best to date, less prone to failure, which is why he would have been keen to steal it

He sounds like a complete amateur

Jeffry24;5201397

he would get an xbox360 that is less likely to get the red ring of death unlike the one he gave you.

Original Poster

Syzable;5201402

Yes.Because he now has a more reliable 360 and you now have one that's … Yes.Because he now has a more reliable 360 and you now have one that's more likely to RROD.

how i can double check that ?
maybe check serial inside on on microsoft website etc whats options
i dont want to go and start an argument if im not def sure

jaybizzle;5201414

Any sites you can point me to on how to do it?

many tutorials here:thumbsup:: ]http//ww…=11

Sloth/Mod

Jeffry24;5201428

how i can double check that ?maybe check serial inside on on microsoft … how i can double check that ?maybe check serial inside on on microsoft website etc whats options i dont want to go and start an argument if im not def shure

As your original Power Brick didn't fit then that's all the proof you need.........he must have changed the innards to a older one. :thumbsup:

teambintip;5201426

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664581

Epic, going to have a read just now.

Any tools/wires i need to buy?.

Original Poster

Syzable;5201446

As your original Power Brick didn't fit then that's all the proof you … As your original Power Brick didn't fit then that's all the proof you need.........he must have changed the innards to a older one. :thumbsup:

but wats with changing power so dont get errors
rubbish !!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

any ways i can doube check that ???

jaybizzle;5201460

Epic, going to have a read just now.Any tools/wires i need to buy?.

Depends on your current setup. You'll need a case opening tool (about £1 drom DX)

I think the latest version of Jungleflasher works with all onboard sata ports

You might need this - mrmodchips.co.uk/cat…553

If you've got a new drive

jaybizzle;5201460

Epic, going to have a read just now.Any tools/wires i need to buy?.

You only need tools if you have a liteon drive or if your sata port on your mobo is not VIA compatible (iprep software will tell you).

Case opening tool will help to prevent case from getting scratched. Otherwise use a screwdriver, You'll also need a special torx screwdriver (t9 I think)

Sloth/Mod

Jeffry24;5201464

but wats with changing power so dont get errors rubbish !!!!!!!!!

He's telling big porky pies.........the 175w power brick you had would have been ideal and the most reliable as it was a falcon. He's nicked your falcon chipset and given you the an oldie.

Jeffry24;5201469

any ways i can doube check that ???

You don't need to, any truthful person will tell you its a load of boll*cks! :roll:

Original Poster

Syzable;5201491

He's telling big porky pies.........the 175w power brick you had would … He's telling big porky pies.........the 175w power brick you had would have been ideal and the most reliable as it was a falcon. He's nicked your falcon chipset and given you the an oldie.

can i open my 360 and check?
it have same drive, its even sound same(loud)
what should i do go knoking on his door and demanding my 360 !!!!!

Sloth/Mod

Jeffry24;5201535

can i open my 360 and check? it have same drive, its even sound … can i open my 360 and check? it have same drive, its even sound same(loud) what should i do go knoking on his door and demanding my 360 !!!!!

He could have easily kept your drive in it but nicked your falcon mobo as well i'm afraid.

if you remove the plastic shell of the 360, I believe there is a sticker on the bottom of the 360 which should have the corresponding serial to the case (plastic shell)

You should be able to check your serial number in the system blade on your 360.

If it doesn't match the one on your case and your system was unopened before he took it to flash you have a way of proving to him that he has switched the insides.

Original Poster

Syzable;5201558

He could have easily kept your drive in it but nicked your falcon mobo as … He could have easily kept your drive in it but nicked your falcon mobo as well i'm afraid.

so if he done it only difference is that now i have not Falcon mobo, and i get 3ring sooner ???

Original Poster

system blade on your 360 do i need to open my 360 then ???

Banned

no you dont need to open your xbox
im pretty sure its in the system info part of your system blade on the dashboard

and if they dont match demand your 360 back or your reporting him for modding systems,theft and copying games

he should soon cough it up

Jeffry24;5201588

system blade on your 360 do i need to open my 360 then ???

No turn on your Xbox and got through these menu's

system
System Settings
Console Settings
System Info

The serial number will be at the top

Original Poster

yes serial is different :((((
m8 will call im now
Post a comment
@
    Text