Groups

xbox 360 advice

Hi,
    My son is after some more memory for his xbox, but after i have looked into it, it appears that the memory cards are very expensive and don't have much memory on them. So he is quite happy to purchase a new Hard Drive, but me query is will he be able to access his own live using his own gamertag.

Hope someone can help cos i don't have a clue !!!

12 Comments

he will be able to do all those things no problem.

get a 120gb, cheap as dirt now. Can pick one up for around 30

Original Poster

razorcuts;8750909

he will be able to do all those things no problem.

Thanks for your help, is it just a case of attaching new hard drive and away you go.

Original Poster

strike;8750928

Was looking at them on Argos £80 for a 120gb

strike;8750928

Do you mean 20gb? :thinking:

You can get a 120gb harddrive for fairly cheap now if you look around.

Once you attach the new harddrive you will need to recover the gamertag to the new harddrive.

Or, if you want to transfer the gamesaves etc from the old harddrive, you will need a transfer cable (data migration kit). You used to be able to get one free from microsoft, however that was only if you had bought an elite and already owned a 360. Your best bet would be ebay.

Migration kit - shop.ebay.co.uk/?_f…ies

120gb Harddrive - shop.ebay.co.uk/i.h…311

You don't need a migration kit to transfer the data, any old USB drive will do just fine.

What does he want additional memory for? If it's for downloading XBL games, movies, storing music etc then yes, buy at least a 20Gb hard drive module.

If he just need a bit more space for gamesaves and some small XBL games, you could just buy a decent capacity USB stick and pop it in anyone of the USB ports.

If you can get a 16GB stick for a tenner as has been posted on here recently, then that's a cheap way to get extra memory. When you use it, you'll get a message saying it may not meet the performance requirements of the XBox, but I'm finding things are working from it just fine...

£38.33 Delivered for 120GB drive - ]link

Original Poster

ivegotalobon;8751215

You can get a 120gb harddrive for fairly cheap now if you look … You can get a 120gb harddrive for fairly cheap now if you look around.Once you attach the new harddrive you will need to recover the gamertag to the new harddrive.Or, if you want to transfer the gamesaves etc from the old harddrive, you will need a transfer cable (data migration kit). You used to be able to get one free from microsoft, however that was only if you had bought an elite and already owned a 360. Your best bet would be ebay.Migration kit - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1311&_nkw=xbox+360+migration+kit&_sacat=See-All-Categories120gb Harddrive - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=xbox+360+120gb+hard+drive&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&_odkw=xbox+360+migration+kit&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1311

Many thanks for your help, was outbid on the link but am watching others. Not too sure on these cables though - what will i need to do? Cheers

Original Poster

SirBargainsALot;8751417

What does he want additional memory for? If it's for downloading XBL … What does he want additional memory for? If it's for downloading XBL games, movies, storing music etc then yes, buy at least a 20Gb hard drive module. If he just need a bit more space for gamesaves and some small XBL games, you could just buy a decent capacity USB stick and pop it in anyone of the USB ports. If you can get a 16GB stick for a tenner as has been posted on here recently, then that's a cheap way to get extra memory. When you use it, you'll get a message saying it may not meet the performance requirements of the XBox, but I'm finding things are working from it just fine...

Hi, he wants it for downloading stuff (apparently), already has 20gb HDD but its nearly full so wants something else (does use it alot so probs 120GB needed). As i'm not very technical just looking for the easiest way of doing it. Thanks for your help.

you can also use 2 x usb flash drives up to 16gb each.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2261
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767245
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826357
      4. word association Game73844477
      5. Fifa 18 web app Now active.22

See more discussions