Groups

XBox 360 Arcade Deals?

I remember about 2-3 days after the 360 recieved a price cut and the Arcade pack was launched going into Game and seeing the Arcade with two games for £159.99, although I think the games must have been really pants or I must have been hallucinating because I've not seen as good a deal since, shopped around online but availability is poor and not seen any notable bundles; My Q is what's the best current deal inc. quidco savings etc?

16 Comments

i got the red rings last week so was looking for an arcade and to be honest if you can find one then the deal are pretty poor right now. best price i seen online was 140 on shopto.net but they've now none in stock.

went into glasgow and hunted high and low for one only to be met with out of stock everywhere. gamestation had the arcade for £199 and any 2 2nd hand games under £25.
    currys diigital had it for £180 with a charge kit and the new quake game but no stock in central scotland.

I ended up getting the last basic pack in comet for £160.

Original Poster

yea thanks for the info, I think they may be phasing out the Arcade, either that or they sell by the bucketload! Thinking of waiting for a price cut, but I'll have a look in gamestation and game to see what they have tommorow

Original Poster

I think i'll go for an Arcade, the Core has no HDMI and is more likely to fry, but thanks for the heads up

AugQX;2302433

I think i'll go for an Arcade, the Core has no HDMI and is more likely to … I think i'll go for an Arcade, the Core has no HDMI and is more likely to fry, but thanks for the heads up

dont forget it also has nothing to save your games on.

Original Poster

don't u get a 256mb mem unit?

AugQX;2306333

don't u get a 256mb mem unit?

The core never had any memory with it. All the other versions have some form to save on.

Original Poster

ahh, i see what you mean now deathtrap, I was referring to the Arcade without referring to the text above, I went in Game/Gamestation and HMV and they were still referring to the Core package rather than the Arcade (confusing!) tho if I buy I will make sure the one I am buying has a mem unit and HDMI, I saw the amazon deal dandoc2, u can get Halo 3 new for an extra 10 squid, so i might see if it comes back in stock (tho not holding my breath a lot of places are out of stock) plus probs gonna get a HDMI cable from Play for 7.99

AugQX;2308035

ahh, i see what you mean now deathtrap, I was referring to the Arcade … ahh, i see what you mean now deathtrap, I was referring to the Arcade without referring to the text above, I went in Game/Gamestation and HMV and they were still referring to the Core package rather than the Arcade (confusing!) tho if I buy I will make sure the one I am buying has a mem unit and HDMI.

Yeh I thought you might have meant the Arcade. If you do buy one from a store, make sure you ask them for the lastest shipment so you get the newest console.

Original Poster

Possible price drop announced at E3 in July so fingers crossed!!

AugQX;2308470

Possible price drop announced at E3 in July so fingers crossed!!

e3 IS DEAD imo no-one announces anything there anymore

Daniel, i killed you on cod yesterday.

t0mm;2308974

Daniel, i killed you on cod yesterday.

wtf i havent even played you at cod4

edit - lol your tgtom ahhh

130 is good for a basic xbox but because of red ring of death i just got very angry and bought an elite i would recommend one too you any day

plus the black on it looks cool !! ( even if the price tag isn't )

Original Poster

dandoc2;2308968

e3 IS DEAD imo no-one announces anything there anymore

i know E3 has lost a lot of love but 'Microsoft is holding its E3 press conference Tuesday evening' I realise this is all hearsay but I think it's overdue for a cut esp. w MGS4 and GT5 stealing the march and PS3 doing very well

source: next-gen.biz/ind…d=2
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten79
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions