Found 28th Jun 2010
Hi,

im looking at playing avi's on my 360 via usb.

When i click on the file it says i need a media update..

However, i cant update due to console being banned..

is there a way around this?

thanks

7 Comments

Check: support.xbox.com/sup…spx

Install the update from a USB flash driveIf you cannot connect your … Install the update from a USB flash driveIf you cannot connect your console to the Internet, you can copy the Xbox 360 console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and install it to your console.

dmccabe;8932880

Check: … Check: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/hardware/console/troubleshootingconsoleproblems/updateconsole.aspx

This does not work for the optional media update as the licenses for it are handled like actual DLC.
If he doesn´t have the update yet and can´t connect the console to the internet to download the optional media update he´s screwed (as in: no way to get it).

Original Poster

gonna try downloading the update onto a usb...

Its the only option i can do it seems.

But you need to be logged onto Live for it to actually function... so if it's banned, it won't work afaik.

vengod;8932938

gonna try downloading the update onto a usb...Its the only option i can … gonna try downloading the update onto a usb...Its the only option i can do it seems.

As I said in my other post. Won´t work cuz of the licensing!

Original Poster

TanyaSpace;8932955

As I said in my other post. Won´t work cuz of the licensing!

hmmm...so im stuck!

Would media sharing from PC to 360 work?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75857
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions