Groups

XBox 360 connected to a tft monitor

Is there a lead out there that lets you connect an xbox 360 directly to a monitor instead of connecting through the pc tower?

11 Comments

Yep, the official VGA cable.

They seems cheap at CeX.. ]link

£2 delivered for a third party one or £7 for the official microsoft one.

Original Poster

I have a VGA cable but the cable end is male the same as the monitor end.

mooosey;5191515

I have a VGA cable but the cable end is male the same as the monitor end.

You need a male to female clip then.

eBay is probably the best place to find them.

Original Poster

sorry scrap that both ends are female...Is here anything out there for female to male?

Maybe i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure the 360 doesn't have a standard VGA connection on the back so a cable with two VGA plugs on each end won't do. Has to be one with a male VGA (to go into the monitor) and one of the chunky 360 plugs (which goes in the back of the xbox)

like this one:
    http://www.proconso.com/images/XBOX%20360%20VGA%20CABLE.jpg
    not one like this..
    http://www.jnlthriftshop.com/images/4ft_vga_female_2_female.jpg

I have one on my FS FT thread;

hotukdeals.com/ite…es/

The price is of course negotiable, it was used for 4 or 5 days before I went back to using the TV (bigger screen). It comes with the cable, the gender changer so you can connect it to a male or female vga connection and the converter to change the two phono plugs into a 3.5mm jack.

Original Poster

oldmanhouse I have that cable in the top picture. The thing is the female end on the end of that cable is the same as the monitor end. Meaning i need a female to male convert of some sort. Checked ebay and im none the wiser.

mooosey;5191839

oldmanhouse I have that cable in the top picture. The thing is the female … oldmanhouse I have that cable in the top picture. The thing is the female end on the end of that cable is the same as the monitor end. Meaning i need a female to male convert of some sort. Checked ebay and im none the wiser.

Item Numbers;

Just search for VGA gender changer

mooosey;5191839

oldmanhouse I have that cable in the top picture. The thing is the female … oldmanhouse I have that cable in the top picture. The thing is the female end on the end of that cable is the same as the monitor end. Meaning i need a female to male convert of some sort. Checked ebay and im none the wiser.

Ahhh gotcha :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks everyone...Helpful as always. I needed a female to female convert.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4842329
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?35232
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36201
      4. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!22

See more discussions