Groups

xbox 360 connected via hdmi to monitor no sound - what do i need

i have connected a 360 arcade to my partners hans g 28" monitor, it does not have speakers inbuilt,

I am looking to connect the console

HDMI TO MONITOR FOR PICTURE
    SOUND - NOT SURE WHERE TO START
    IDEAL WOULD LIKE SEPARATE SPEAKERS AND NOT HAVE TO USE THE PC AT ALL

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING CABLES AT HOME THAT MY BE OF USE

RCA - AUDIO RED AND WHITE TO 3.5 MM JACK
    RCA AUDIO REW AND WHITE TO PLUG IN TO THE RED AND WHITE INPUT CONNECTIONS TO 3.5MM JACK CONNECTOR THAT WOULD ALLOW HEAD PHONES OR SPEAKERS TO PLUG IN TO THE 3.5MM SOCKET

WHAT IS THE BEST SPEAKERS 2.1

22 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/productimages/zoom/3-5mm-phono.jpg

http://www.efilliate.com/images/prod_images/P4196a.jpg

HDMI out on 360 to HDMI on a monitor with speakers would get you Sound. With yours having no speakers you need the Optical out dongle and connect to a decoder/amp

If the monitor had component in the you could use the component Red [Pr] Blue [Pb] Green [Y] and Red/White to a stereo amp

jazfertabay... your not using an adapter to convert HDMI to DVI are you?

jonny619447;8762601

jazfertabay... your not using an adapter to convert HDMI to DVI are you?

No speakers on monitor

dontasciime;8762613

No speakers on monitor

Ok, sorry you answered his question in your first post.

Component is comparable to HDMI anyway so if it can take that i would just use that. Cheaper way of doing it. :thumbsup:

No need to apologise.

Original Poster

just have hdmi on monitor, i think it could be dvi hdmi

not sure of the other connections will have to find it on the net, as its on the shelf and cant get it turned round to much to see

HannsG HG281DPB

i think

HannsG HG281DPB according to a few reviews has speakers

use hdmi > hdmi cable to monitor and set 360 to ouput stereo if you are using an hdmi to dvi you will not get any sound from 360 unless you use optical out on audio dongle to amp/decoder

Sound

Original Poster

will have to have a good look at the back of the monitor, as my partner said it didnt have speakers and thats what i thought but i recond the model no was the correct model,

its hans g 28" monitor anyways

jazferbetay;8763175

will have to have a good look at the back of the monitor, as my partner … will have to have a good look at the back of the monitor, as my partner said it didnt have speakers and thats what i thought but i recond the model no was the correct model,its hans g 28" monitor anyways

as above then use a cable that has hdmi at both ends if still no sound use 360 options to adjust from there and then the monitors menu.

Original Poster

the xbox was originally connected to the tv, will i have to re adjust the settings on the 360, will have a look at the monitor again on Sunday

jazferbetay;8763585

the xbox was originally connected to the tv, will i have to re adjust the … the xbox was originally connected to the tv, will i have to re adjust the settings on the 360, will have a look at the monitor again on Sunday

yes you will have to set up HDTV settings eg 16.9 widescreen (it may auto select HDMI now) but with you having had it connected to a TV if say that TV was Standard definition 4.3 you will have to setup for 16.9 hdtv

Original Poster

ok will check the settings as the tv i had it connected to was 37 lg 3000

jazferbetay;8764134

ok will check the settings as the tv i had it connected to was 37 lg 3000

if that was lcd / plasma HDTV you will not really need to do it then

Original Poster

that's what i thought but will have a good look and seem but partner is convinced that the monitor has no inbuilt speakers or anything

Original Poster

This is the monitor that i could find on their site

hannsg.com/EU/…=48

xbox 360 connected via hdmi to monitor no sound - what do i need

A PS3 :-D

jazferbetay;8764407

This is the monitor that i could find on their … This is the monitor that i could find on their sitehttp://www.hannsg.com/EU/EN/Products/LCD%20Monitors/Common.aspx?productId=48

yeah The one I looked at before about 7 posts ago it's got speakers

Original Poster

sparkyIreland;8764732

A PS3 :-D

already got one of them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944534
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow610
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2048