Xbox 360 Controller

Posted 26th Mar
Evening all,

After a controller for my 360 I recently bought. I know you can buy used ones on eBay but there's none that look in excellent condition.

Are there alternatives that are just as good? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

28 Comments
I have bought several off eBay during the past few months. There were even plenty of new ones if you look hard enough. Unless something's changed, they're pretty common. If you're in a hurry things might be different, I got 4 of them, 2 brand new, 2 in excellent condition for less than £60 all in. There are not many alternatives that are just as good. Ebay probably is the best place to look. CEX have them too. But from there youcannot see condition before purchase.
Here's one randomly:

ebay.co.uk/itm…xcv

£21.59 including delivery. Brand new. Official. Not bad at all for that price.

You're not going to find an alternative much cheaper than that anyway

Or just search for "Xbox 360 controller new". And you'll find new Microsoft ones They were and still are popular enough to be plentiful.
Edited by: "ra786" 26th Mar
ra78626/03/2020 20:50

I have bought several off eBay during the past few months. There were even …I have bought several off eBay during the past few months. There were even plenty of new ones if you look hard enough. Unless something's changed, they're pretty common. If you're in a hurry things might be different, I got 4 of them, 2 brand new, 2 in excellent condition for less than £60 all in. There are not many alternatives that are just as good. Ebay probably is the best place to look. CEX have them too. But from there youcannot see condition before purchase.

I think the new ones are fakes from what I've seen.

Stupid question, but you know the battery pack? If you even press the release button slightly when the controller is on, does it cut the battery off? Two I've had do this so was unsure if it was a design flaw?
Robloxian26/03/2020 20:57

I think the new ones are fakes from what I've seen.Stupid question, but …I think the new ones are fakes from what I've seen.Stupid question, but you know the battery pack? If you even press the release button slightly when the controller is on, does it cut the battery off? Two I've had do this so was unsure if it was a design flaw?

Honestly, like I said, they're so popular, fakes (excluding obvious fakes) are not common. There's not much point in making fakes. They're not like DualShock 3s which are mostly fakes these days.

There's a lot of genuine controllers that are often intended for China/Taiwan/Hong Kong. So even non English packaging doesn't indicate a fake. It's hard to over emphasise just how popular and plentiful genuine 360 controllers are.

Pressing the battery pack down does seem to cut off the batteries in one of the ones that I use regularly. I know that one is genuine from opening it up and checking the PCB for an unrelated repair.It dependent on a number of things, age of controller, type of batteries, even size of batteries. It's not unusual for different brand batteries to be ever so slightly different in size from one another. It's not an indication of a fake if that's what's worrying you.
ra78626/03/2020 21:03

Honestly, like I said, they're so popular, fakes (excluding obvious fakes) …Honestly, like I said, they're so popular, fakes (excluding obvious fakes) are not common. There's not much point in making fakes. They're not like DualShock 3s which are mostly fakes these days.Pressing the battery pack down does seem to cut off the batteries in one of the ones that I use regularly. I know that one is genuine from opening it up and checking the PCB for an unrelated repair.It dependent on a number of things, age of controller, type of batteries, even size of batteries. It's not unusual for different brand batteries to be ever so slightly different in size from one another. It's not an indication of a fake if that's what's worrying you.

There's a few on eBay that are brand new in box for £20 from foreign sellers. They look like the real thing but I'm very doubtful they are real.
Robloxian26/03/2020 21:06

There's a few on eBay that are brand new in box for £20 from foreign …There's a few on eBay that are brand new in box for £20 from foreign sellers. They look like the real thing but I'm very doubtful they are real.

It's up to you really. I can only go from recent experience. I bought at least one just before Christmas and it was in a box with Chinese writing. It was genuine.
ra78626/03/2020 21:09

It's up to you really. I can only go from recent experience. I bought at …It's up to you really. I can only go from recent experience. I bought at least one just before Christmas and it was in a box with Chinese writing. It was genuine.

Check your controllers.

There are fake ones all over eBay. If your thumbsticks have the dots in a 'square' formation like below, it's a fake...

40197079-jMivK.jpg
The other option is to do like I did and keep an eye on the likes of Gumtree for someone selling a console AND controller(s). Obviously not a great idea at the moment; I'll agree; but you can get a bargain. I got a 360 slim, 3 Elite controllers and 11 games for £30. 1 controller I did have to repair/tinker with as one of the bumper buttons seemed stuck on. Fixed it and it was good as new!

Apart from that, as previously said - Ebay is the obvious choice market.
ra78626/03/2020 21:09

It's up to you really. I can only go from recent experience. I bought at …It's up to you really. I can only go from recent experience. I bought at least one just before Christmas and it was in a box with Chinese writing. It was genuine.

I saw your photos. Check the formation of the dots on the controllers
Robloxian26/03/2020 21:20

Check your controllers.There are fake ones all over eBay. If your …Check your controllers.There are fake ones all over eBay. If your thumbsticks have the dots in a 'square' formation like below, it's a fake...[Image]

Check your controllers.There are fake ones all over eBay. If your …Check your controllers.There are fake ones all over eBay. If your thumbsticks have the dots in a 'square' formation like below, it's a fake...[Image]

I managed to Find a boxed one i still have. The one that came with it included official Microsoft documentation, works on pc with the official adapter (the fake ones have difficulty doing this), and is also the one I opened up and the new confirmed the PCB comparison.

5958177031585257572.jpg

Those pictures aren't great.
Edited by: "ra786" 27th Mar
ra78626/03/2020 21:24

I managed to Find a boxed one i still have. The one that came with it … I managed to Find a boxed one i still have. The one that came with it included official Microsoft documentation, works on pc with the official adapter (the fake ones have difficulty doing this), and is also the one I opened up and the new confirmed the PCB comparison.[Image] [Image] Those pictures aren't great.

Looks like a fake....
Robloxian26/03/2020 21:23

I saw your photos. Check the formation of the dots on the controllers

Look what you made me do! I found the accompanying controller and take a picture. Definitely a diamond formation and not a sqaure. It's genuine.

40197156-uWsyG.jpg
ra78626/03/2020 21:27

Look what you made me do! I found the accompanying controller and take a …Look what you made me do! I found the accompanying controller and take a picture. Definitely a diamond formation and not a sqaure. It's genuine.[Image]

Good. Was that from a standard seller? I'd love a new one.
Fake or genuine - I wouldn't give a monkeys as long as it worked! As long as you got it at an appropriate price and not Microsoft retail sort of price, why worry? 3rd party ones used to cost around £20. Those photo's just look like genuine "China market" Microsoft controllers. I'd be happy with that...
Phsycronix26/03/2020 21:31

Fake or genuine - I wouldn't give a monkeys as long as it worked! As long …Fake or genuine - I wouldn't give a monkeys as long as it worked! As long as you got it at an appropriate price and not Microsoft retail sort of price, why worry? 3rd party ones used to cost around £20. Those photo's just look like genuine "China market" Microsoft controllers. I'd be happy with that...

They apparently have 'deadzones' in the thumbsticks and are not very good. So many of these on eBay - with the 'square' dots on the thumbsticks. Be warned - this is a fake...

40197247-m1DpE.jpg
Robloxian26/03/2020 21:30

Good. Was that from a standard seller? I'd love a new one.

Just a random seller on eBay. The images I posted Just now were taken quickly in my bedroom. Yes I was lying down until you just made me get up! They look awful. But like I said, it's not easy to tell from packaging anyway because there were a ton of them made for Asia Pacific region. I'll try going through my purchase history and find a link.
Edited by: "ra786" 27th Mar
ra78626/03/2020 21:36

Yes. Just a random seller on eBay. The images I posted Just now were taken …Yes. Just a random seller on eBay. The images I posted Just now were taken quickly in my bedroom. Yes I was lying down until you just made me get up! They look awful. But like I said, it's not easy to tell from packaging anyway because there were a ton of them made for Asia Pacific region. I'll try going through my purchase history and find a link.

Thanks that'd be good, although probably out of stock as I've searched ebay so much.
You could well be right. Still, £18.99...
ebay.co.uk/itm…m-1

I remember when I was looking - it was hard to find a "new" definitively genuine one from a 'non' asian seller.
Phsycronix26/03/2020 21:39

You could well be right. Still, …You could well be right. Still, £18.99...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Remote-BLACK-Brand-NEW-Fast-Shipping/373000665651?_trkparms=aid=1110001&algo=SPLICE.SIM&ao=2&asc=20160323102634&meid=7b069cc568bf418aa91f4aab93c7dc2d&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=254550757070&itm=373000665651&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2047675&algv=SimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1I remember when I was looking - it was hard to find a "new" definitively genuine one from a 'non' asian seller.

Yeah it's a great price, but you could end up having issues with the controls weeks or months down the line.
Robloxian26/03/2020 21:40

Yeah it's a great price, but you could end up having issues with the …Yeah it's a great price, but you could end up having issues with the controls weeks or months down the line.

Yep. It's a risk...
Here you go: amazon.co.uk/Off…h=1

Don't worry about the price - it has FREE delivery!

(Yes, I'm kidding)
Robloxian26/03/2020 21:46

I was tempted to get …I was tempted to get thishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Diswoe-360-Controller-Bluetooth-Vibration/dp/B07Q6YNL8G/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=xbox+360+controller&qid=1585259134&sr=8-4Good reviews, but could just be the same as the fake on ebay.

I would think it comes from the same factory! Diswoe...

I especially love the way they've taken the genuine Microsoft spec picture and "pasted" their Diswoe name in!

Regarding the feedback, you could buy one of those Ebay ones and never have a bit of trouble. It's all chance.
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 26th Mar
Robloxian26/03/2020 21:37

Thanks that'd be good, although probably out of stock as I've searched …Thanks that'd be good, although probably out of stock as I've searched ebay so much.

Just had a quick look. Unfortunately they're not even a seller any more. It was actually a optical media/printer type shop. It was from the UK though. Still, if you'r really worried, then just be patient and wait for one in good condition. Its the sticks mainly that are ragged on used ones isn't it? But just keep an eye out. Or risk it for a biscuit.

The sticks in the closed boxed one are a diamond formation too. I'm not bothering taking pictures of it again though. It was £19.99 inc del for each one.

And if you have an official PC wireless adaptor (which ironically, is very difficult to find a genuine one since it's faked so much), a fake controller will have problems connecting to it. Conversely, a genuine controller will have issues connecting to a fake receiver. So there is that test. Or you could open it up and check that way.

I must admit, I am surprised that they're being faked. There's loads of them. I've easily got about 10 of them in total, most from UK retailers. But they just seem so abundant. It's the genuine PC wireless receivers that I have had difficulty locating.

I was just getting into a nice sleep phase. You've made me get up and take pictures and question reality and everything!
ra78626/03/2020 21:51

Just had a quick look. Unfortunately they're not even a seller any more. …Just had a quick look. Unfortunately they're not even a seller any more. It was actually a optical media/printer type shop. It was from the UK though. Still, if you'r really worried, then just be patient and wait for one in good condition. Its the sticks mainly that are ragged on used ones isn't it? But just keep an eye out. Or risk it for a biscuit.The sticks in the closed boxed one are a diamond formation too. I'm not bothering taking pictures of it again though. It was £19.99 inc del for each one.And if you have an official PC wireless adaptor (which ironically, is very difficult to find a genuine one since it's faked so much), a fake controller will have problems connecting to it. Conversely, a genuine controller will have issues connecting to a fake receiver. So there is that test. Or you could open it up and check that way.I must admit, I am surprised that they're being faked. There's loads of them. I've easily got about 10 of them in total, most from UK retailers. But they just seem so abundant. It's the genuine PC wireless receivers that I have had difficulty locating.I was just getting into a nice sleep phase. You've made me get up and take pictures and question reality and everything!

Yeah many of them are filthy or have the rubber peeling off the sticks. It's awful how people treat their stuff!

If you happen to come across a decent one, please let me know. Thanks.
ra78626/03/2020 21:51

I was just getting into a nice sleep phase.

40197523-5TrZ6.jpg
Anyone know if these controllers are bluetooth.

I'd lke to get one for my emulators on the PC.
Edited by: "redserpent" 26th Mar
redserpent26/03/2020 22:04

Anyone know if these controllers are bluetooth. I'd lke to get one for my …Anyone know if these controllers are bluetooth. I'd lke to get one for my emulators on the PC.

They're not bluetooth.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants