Groups

Xbox 360 Cooling!

Banned
    Hey, my xbox 360 keeps crashing i think its down to the heat, its currently in my tv stand, and when i play it for half hour it will crash, but if i move it out into the middle of the room its fine, is there anything i can do to keep it cool but still keep it where it is?

Cheers, Sean

10 Comments

You can buy a cooling fan device for these.
    They are readily available think cheapest I saw one was on Ebay for a fiver.

Are the air vents (side and top bottom) NOT obstructed.
    i wouldn't recommend fans that use USB, if it has to goto repair and you say you used a USB fan/vent
    MS won't repair.
    Also Copy the disk to HDD and see if last any longer.
    If its the old model (no HDMI port) probally on the way out, probally get error E74 soon.
    Call MS get a repair on Error E74

Original Poster Banned

how much is a error e74 cost? its the older model without the hdmi, i've had it since near release, the fans ent obstructed but they get real hot, the extra fans no good then?

Don't look into buying a intercooling fan, It's bound to cause alot more problems so I have heard such as melting and over heating it. I can only suggest moving it really.

Original Poster Banned

how do you guys have your xbox? standing up or on its side?

mine is led down ...... on the top of a glass shelf .......... its so cool and you can hardly hear it running (i download all my games to the hd to save on the drive noise)

Extra fans are of little use in reality - they push a 'limited' amount of extra air.

Only real improvement fan wise, is to strip the box and replace current fans with better ones -
    plenty of tutorials around if you want to go down that route.

The airflow sounds inadequate in its current position - as suggested - move to a better position and use the NXE option to run games from hdd.

£60 probably to get E74 repair via Microsoft - it will come soon enough with the heating issues you're experiencing :cry:

Homer

To help it breathe, get some taller rubber feet and stick them to the bottom near the current ones, this will make it have more clearance underneath.

Original Poster Banned

and what is the e74 error code then? i could try changing the fans but would that do the job then? i've only got 10gb left on HD so not alot of room really.

seanbwfc;4331120

and what is the e74 error code then? i could try changing the fans but … and what is the e74 error code then? i could try changing the fans but would that do the job then? i've only got 10gb left on HD so not alot of room really.

open it up and MS wont want to fix it weather you pay or not (in my experience)

An E74 is a Graphics card error / overheat, once it has this, it wont even play and will display the error message on the screen and have 1 red light on the front.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions