Groups
    EXPIRED

Xbox 360 Data Migration Cable Kit

Does anyone have a data migration kit that I can borrow/have?

Just brough a 120GB hard drive to replace my 20GB one and want to move all the data over?

If not I do have an internal 256MB on the Xbox, just don't want to lose my Forza 3 game saves; does anybody know which files you need to move?

I know the rest can be recovered via the game tag:)

Thanks

8 Comments

Can I have dibs after you?

Original Poster

I'm quite willing to send on after I've used, just need one now:-D

Note that the kits can be used more than once (contry to what MS tell you!!) AV Forums have a number of kits they send to forum members but you need to have a number of posts (450 I think before they will send)

Thanks

microsoft send them out free if you ring them

just make sure you tell them you have no printer or the will direct you to there web addy to print off the order form

xbox.com/NR/…pdf

Twotellys;6738417

microsoft send them out free if you ring them

Brill!

Rep added!

Rhianne;6739690

Brill!Rep added!

I don't think that you qualify for a free one.
    It's for people that purchased an Elite, not a 120GB HD.

Tell them you bought a 60 gb HDD, as that doesn't come with the migration kit. I did, and they just took my Xbox serial number. Arrived in a week and I did a 20-120 Transfer. Passed it on though.

chris197;6745417

Tell them you bought a 60 gb HDD, as that doesn't come with the migration … Tell them you bought a 60 gb HDD, as that doesn't come with the migration kit. I did, and they just took my Xbox serial number. Arrived in a week and I did a 20-120 Transfer. Passed it on though.

I've just done this, had to give them my console serial number my old hdd serial number and my 60gb hdd serial number.

I don't have a 60gb hdd, so I said i haven't got it yet, but I've ordered one. He said ah well we can't give you a free migration kit until you have your 60gb hdd. I said that I was just trying to speed things up because there are delays due to postafe strikes...

5 mins on hold and my free kit is being sent to me :thumbsup:

Nice work. Glad I helped.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851338
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions