Found 16th Jul 2009
Little bro's Elite has just stopped reading discs, haven't a clue where the receipt is but he has had it a very long time. Got it on launch day but we did switch it with a new one about 2 years ago at least

Any advice?

14 Comments

If it isn't RROD you don't got a leg to stand on w/ microsoft dude.

Original Poster

Hmmm so you reckon RROD it?

Phone them up and lie about your xbox having a red ring not your little brother unless he was hanging out with MJ afew weeks ago.

Original Poster

SPAMDOG;5770603

Phone them up and lie about your xbox having a red ring not your little … Phone them up and lie about your xbox having a red ring not your little brother unless he was hanging out with MJ afew weeks ago.

Ha will do :thumbsup:

Pain in the ass this is gonna be :x

of course,IF you had bought it from asda by any chance they would change it without a receipt:whistling:

I got RROD the other week, tried my best to perm RROD it (it was a one off RROD) been fine ever since. I still in the year warranty anyway.

i believe RROD is covered for 3 yrs now providing you still have proof of purchase. Was looking today as my consule scratches discs

Original Poster

But its not RROD its just not reading discs.

Will just phone microsoft and tell them its RROD

Change the drive

Q: My Console shows three flashing red lights on the Ring of Light. Am I covered for warranty service?

A: Microsoft covers repairs for the three lights flashing red on the Ring of Light for a period of three (3) years from the original purchase date of the console. If you are out of the initial three year warranty period, you can still receive console repair service from Microsoft for three flashing red lights for a fee.

Sorry, im not helping here, its not RROD

Its disc drive failure, costs a bomb RRoD it yourself mate.

Original Poster

Thanks guys repped

put it in a bowl of water.... then hang it out to dry..... shud fix it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ZAVVI and Pre-Orders22
    2. Building a PC Need Help!33
    3. Do I need a gigabit switch or will 10/100mbps be sufficient22
    4. What's this on my neighbours roof?1820

See more discussions