Groups

Xbox 360 disc read problem

Hi,

I have a 360 that reads game discs as DVDs, then when they load it says to play the disc in a 360. It will ocassionally load the game.

Anyone else got/had this problem? Would replacing the laser/drive fix this problem?

Cheers

14 Comments

Original Poster

Help?

]http//su…-us

Google is your friend:thumbsup:

I had to send mine off when i had this problem

Have you tried a laser cleaner?

it only happens to me when playing fifa 09 but i think its because the disc is scratched!!!!

Original Poster

Jefflan22;4320118

]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911585/en-usGoogle is your … ]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911585/en-usGoogle is your friend:thumbsup:

Cheers

vengod;4320148

I had to send mine off when i had this problem

How old was your 360? This one is about 2 and a half yrs old

sadiebabes;4320472

Have you tried a laser cleaner?

Not yet... I've read you've got to be careful with laser cleaner and the 360 drive?

J_B;4320534

Not yet... I've read you've got to be careful with laser cleaner and the … Not yet... I've read you've got to be careful with laser cleaner and the 360 drive?

When ours starts playing up that's all I use... It's basically a cd/dvd with a little brush on to clean the lens.

Original Poster

EDIT: Found it

copy the disc on hdd with new dash that should let you play if warranty out

Original Poster

wanderer;4332344

copy the disc on hdd with new dash that should let you play if warranty … copy the disc on hdd with new dash that should let you play if warranty out

It still needs to read the disc to play off the HDD.

MS want nearly £70 to fix the 360!

I'll buy it off ya

A tip is to say it has 3rrod and its fixed for free

Original Poster

strike;4341310

I'll buy it off yaA tip is to say it has 3rrod and its fixed for free

Might be for sale if I can't fix it.

How easy is it to RROD it? I guess I could wrap a towel round it and let it melt away??? haha

J_B;4341281

It still needs to read the disc to play off the HDD. MS want nearly £70 … It still needs to read the disc to play off the HDD. MS want nearly £70 to fix the 360!

but copying disc is different it will copy it raw to hdd then it will only read the disc id to confirm it's original .. dont knock it untill youve tried it ..know a few ppl that have done that ..until they can afford repair

is your drive a hitachi?

Sheesh just realised when the OP was started
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1018
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1223
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764354
      4. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.34

See more discussions