Xbox 360 dvd drive replacement help,please

4 replies
Found 15th Oct 2009
I need to replace the dvd drive in my xbox 360, i,ve done a bit of googling and this drive keeps popping up,link below

any advice from people that have bought one of these or are there better ones,cheers.
Ps, i don,t need to be informed about the fact a should of bought a Ps3, thanks.

4 Comments

Are you aware you cant just swap drives over? You need to extract the key of your current drive and flash it onto the replacement as the motherboard and drive are matched together. If you buy the exact same drive model and the circuit boards are thye same (assuming this isnt the problem) then you can swap the board from your original drive over as the easy option, the 2nd easiest is flashing the key to a matching drive, the third and most difficult option would be spoofing the key onto a different brand drive which can only work between certain models.

Original Poster

harlzter;6588810

Are you aware you cant just swap drives over? You need to extract the key … Are you aware you cant just swap drives over? You need to extract the key of your current drive and flash it onto the replacement as the motherboard and drive are matched together. If you buy the exact same drive model and the circuit boards are thye same (assuming this isnt the problem) then you can swap the board from your original drive over as the easy option, the 2nd easiest is flashing the key to a matching drive, the third and most difficult option would be spoofing the key onto a different brand drive which can only work between certain models.

cheers for the info,i am aware of the options,but they can,t be decided until i found out which is the most stable drive to use, any ideas,cheers.

on your old drive unsrew it and take out the circuit board and put into the new drive (take out circuit board from the new one ) thats how easy it is .ms25 and ms28 samsung dives are the same to swop over no probs .
dealextreme.com/det…995
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions