Groups

xbox 360 e74 error

couyld any one tell me the best thing to do with a xbox 360 that has just given the e74 error, ie. towel trick, is it covered by microsoft if it is more than 12 months old, pay for a new one????????, thanks in advance

9 Comments

Download the 2nd SOGA letter template from the one show website & send it to the retailer you bought it from, requesting a replacement, refund or repair.

bbc.co.uk/blo…tml

i had an e74 tried to get it repaired and it just reappeared on the console so just bought a new xbox

E74 error is covered by microsoft for 3 years.

t0mm;6842907

E74 error is covered by microsoft for 3 years.

But if Microsoft repair it & it fails again... which it will... then there's a risk of the retailer not being able to do anything in the future & you'll be forking out £60 per repair once it's out of warranty.

Painkiller;6842933

But if Microsoft repair it & it fails again... which it will... then … But if Microsoft repair it & it fails again... which it will... then there's a risk of the retailer not being able to do anything in the future & you'll be forking out £60 per repair once it's out of warranty.

They replace the console nowadays. Mine was replaced.

Adam2050;6842967

They replace the console nowadays. Mine was replaced.

New or refurb?

Painkiller;6843216

New or refurb?

Refurb. I believe. Though it had a new date.

Original Poster

mfr date is 30/06/2009 so out of 3 years if i carry on with the repair and send it to them will they still repair it free of charge, thanks for your replies:thumbsup:
    if so how much do they charge to repair a e74 error, thanks

waycash;6843905

mfr date is 30/06/2009 so out of 3 years if i carry on with the repair … mfr date is 30/06/2009 so out of 3 years if i carry on with the repair and send it to them will they still repair it free of charge, thanks for your replies:thumbsup:if so how much do they charge to repair a e74 error, thanks

I don't get that response surely it's still in warranty?

They charged £58 last time I did my first console.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846241
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?78
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764387
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48210861

See more discussions