Xbox 360 Elite Error 0110, anyone done a successful fix?

Found 1st Jan 2010
Got this error yesterday, has anyone had this and done a successful fix and if so how? I have an x-clamp kit knocking about, is there any chance this could fix it.

Its perplexing that this has come up as the 360 had not been used for a few days and it booted firstly to a E71 error so turned it off then rebooted it into a 3 ring error which gave the code 0110

4 Comments

Got this off another forum.

The 0110 error code is likely caused by a cold a bridged solder joint in one of the memory chips. Try reflowing your system using a heat gun, focusing on the memory chips.

Original Poster

leecroot

Got this off another forum.The 0110 error code is likely caused by a cold … Got this off another forum.The 0110 error code is likely caused by a cold a bridged solder joint in one of the memory chips. Try reflowing your system using a heat gun, focusing on the memory chips.

Wondered if there was an easier way as I will most likely fry the damn thing, just realised I asked the same damn question nearly 7 months ago on here for another xbox that I got to use for media in the bedroom and I ended up doing the towel trick on that which fixed it.

Was looking to get a PS3 but that was supposed to be as well as a 360 instead of so now have the task of deciding which to buy next if this doesnt work

Edited by: "harlzter" 1st Jan 2010

harlzter

Wondered if there was an easier way as I will most likely fry the damn … Wondered if there was an easier way as I will most likely fry the damn thing, just realised I asked the same damn question nearly 7 months ago on here for another xbox that I got to use for media in the bedroom and I ended up doing the towel trick on that which fixed it.Was looking to get a PS3 but that was supposed to be as well as a 360 instead of so now have the task of deciding which to buy next if this doesnt work

That seems to be another suggestion on various forums. Let us know how you get on.

Original Poster

leecroot

That seems to be another suggestion on various forums. Let us know how … That seems to be another suggestion on various forums. Let us know how you get on.

It worked on the last one,but its hardly been used since so not too sure on reliability. Think if I get it working via towel fix I will use the xclamp kit too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amsterdam Citibreak - any advice welcomed45
    2. Where to buy women's socks917
    3. Advice on selling bike33
    4. NHS discounts33

See more discussions